Chapter 7

The night was over, and I felt very warm and tingly. I wanted to go home and sleep. I felt so comfortable and happy. Jacks hand rested in mine as we got back to the car. We sat in the parking lot for a few minutes. The car wasn't even started, we both just sat with the windows cracked open. I took a deep breath in. It was already past midnight, meaning that our anniversary was over.
"I love you."
"I love you."
Jack reached around for his keys from his pocket, and started the car. I buckled my seatbelt, and he put it in reverse. We drove back home with the radio humming a country tune. We walked in the door and collapsed on the couch.

In the morning, I woke up to a kiss that tasted like bacon. My eyes flickered open, and jack stood above me smiling.
"There's breakfast on the table." I stretched and pulled him down next to me. He was already showered and spiffied up. I kissed him a few times which turned into a bit more. A few minutes later, we were rudely interrupted by the smoke alarm.
"Oh shit" jack said, jumping up from the bed and taking off into the kitchen. I smelt something burning, and got out of bed.
The kitchen ceiling was coated in a light grey smoke.
A pancake sat burnt to a crisp in a frying pan on the stove. Jack laughed and cursed at the same time.
He threw the pancake away and returned to kissing me.
Breakfast can wait.