Chapter 5

We got to the restaurant after we made a stop at the flower shop. Jack got me a bouquet of roses, and my favorite, special dark chocolate. We waited in line for about 5 minutes before we made it in. We sat at our table and the waiter introduced himself. He said he'd be back with some free wine after we looked at the menus. I scanned over mine, clearly expressing the prices were high as hell. I picked out what I wanted, then asked Jack what he was planning on eating.
"I'm gonna get this shrimp dish thing, it comes with noodles and garlic bread." I laughed because that was exactly what I picked out. The waiter came back and we ordered our drinks. It was obvious the restaurant was for the upper class. Which made me feel left out because I don't belong in that group. The waiter came back with our drinks and I sipped mine silently and listened to the music playing. I looked over the room to see what the people were like. It was late at night, and they were busy, which was weird. There was a table in the corner filled with business men in suits. The booth in front of us was another couple both dressed fancy and paying for the bill. My eyes landed on Jack. Handsome as always. My heart fluttered and I returned to my menu to see what else looked good, besides my date.