†Spiders and Sinners† [boyxboy] Ch.9

Vic's POV

I woke up, refreshed. No nightmares. No yelling. Just a mop of black hair resting on my cheek and thin body pressed against mine, snoring delicately.

I don't know what came over me, but I guess the lack of sleep made me delirious and I ended up practically dry humping the androgynous little tease in my bed, only stopping to eat the paninis Arlene brought in when we scared her for life. I can't imagine how it feels to see the little boy you practically raised in such a compromising position...

I can't say I regret it.

I've had girlfriends before and been insanely attracted to them, but all of that went out the window the second I kissed Spider. 

Maybe it was the fact that it was taboo, or that he hypnotized me any time I looked into his eyes, or even that he looked, smelled, tasted better than any girl I'd ever been with. I don't care enough to think about it.

I've overthought every decision I've made since I started high school and it felt good to say fuck it all and do what I wanted to do for a change. 

Even if it was incredibly stupid.

I don't know him at all, not even his name, but I'll have the chance to and that's all that matters.

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I managed to free one of my arms without waking Spider up. The time read 6:38 so we slept way longer than I thought, school ended almost 3 hours ago. I unlocked my phone and every peaceful feeling I felt vanished when I read the message from Ace.

Unc said the food in the fridge went bad so we need to go to the grocery store at 9. 

To anyone who wasn't at risk of having their phone tapped, this would seem like a normal message. Not a threat to anyone's safety.

My phone buzzed again and another text popped up on the screen.

Bring money.

Like every other time, I let my eyes wander to the loose floorboard that hid "Money" from everyone else. I remember my sixteenth birthday when I first opened my father's present to me. He waited until the party was over and took me down to the basement of the restaurant where a few of my cousins were waiting. 

"You're sixteen now, il figlio. A grown man. I was sixteen when I started helping the family out more." He put his hand on my shoulder, the smile of a proud father plastered across his face.

"I've been helping since I was fourteen, babbo."

He smirked, pulling me in closer and whispering in my ear so the others wouldn't hear.

"Ah, true, but I need you to help more now. You're the only one I trust. You're the one that will inherit my kingdom, my beloved son."

I nodded and watched as he walked over to one of my cousins, who handed him a brown paper bag. He opened it and looked inside before bringing Lorenzo in for a hug and telling him he did well.

"This is for you, Vincent. Remember, this is for protection. Fear nothing." He said, handing me the bag. 

I remember the weight of it underneath the thin, brown paper. I knew what it was immediately and I felt a surge of power go through me. I felt like a man.

I withdrew the 40 caliber Smith&Wesson and held it up, letting the bag fall to the ground as I admired it's silver detail.

Ace stood up and came over to me, grinning like a mad man.