†Spiders and Sinners† [boyxboy] Ch.3

I walked into the office and the principal was waiting for me. As always, she scrutinized my every motion as if she were expecting me to do something dangerous. She was afraid of me, and I couldn't blame her. I'd be afraid of me too.

"Vic, Officer McCurry is waiting for you in Guidance Room 2." She struggled to keep her composure, but her words practically flew out of her mouth. 

I rolled my eyes at the name.

Officer McCurry, the only clean cop I'd ever seen, and he was a total dipshit at times. Still, I couldn't afford to let my guard down.

I walked to the assigned room and closed the door behind me. Officer McCurry scoped me out from a chair across the room. He gestured toward an empty desk and I took a seat. The room was dimly lit and it made me wonder if all cops changed the light settings when they did interrogations on purpose.

"Hello, Vincent. Or should I call you Vic. I hear you like that more." I hated his voice.

"Friends and family call me Vic."

"Okay, Vic. How have you been?" He tried to smile at me, but it hesitated on his lips. He couldn't bring himself to smile at a person like me. I was scum to him. And I was scum to me.

 "Kind of tired. School's boring, you know?" I yawned.

"Yeah, I heard you were out all night. Neighbors filed noise complaints on Ace's and your friends. You guys kept a lot of people up last night." He leaned forward, placing his elbows on his thighs and folded his hands together.

"We weren't out past 9." I lied with a smile on my face. "And we didn't hear a single complaint." That part was true.

"...Uh huh." He acted as if he wasn't sure if I was lying or not. Was I really that good of a liar? 

"Well, I know you were familiar with a young man named Alfonso De Luca. Am I correct? This paper  says you two were childhood friends." He pointed a grubby digit at a sheet that was apparently my life story.

"Ah, Alfonso." I crossed my feet on top of the desk, ready to start my reign of sarcasm. "He was a good fellow. We used to sneak out and take long walks on the beach at night. Our parents used to warn us not to go there at night because couples would have sex by the sea, but we didn't listen."

"Then one night, he told me a secret..." I looked over to the officer. He was eating up every word I was saying. This was too good.

"What was the secret?"

"He was in love with me, and I with him. We made passionate, forbidden love on the very sands our parents warned us about." I clasped my hands together and mocked a love-stricken, teenage girl. "I saw stars."

"That's enough." He stated when he realised I had been fucking around the whole time.

I continued.

"You know, I've never had a rimjob better than Alfy's." I said with a wink.

"Enough gay bashing, Valentino." He stood up and a blush crept across his face.

I put my hand over my heart and feigned shock.

"Officer McCurry! I would never!" My voice took a tone of girly disbelief. "For your information, I made friends with a nice, gay boy today and I didn't make one rude remark!"

I wasn't sure if Spider was gay or not, but I could never see him dating a girl. I wasn't a homophobe or anything either. I just loved fucking with McCurry, who was coming across more and more like a closet homosexual.

I laughed out loud, thinking of how ironic that would be.

 "Listen, boy. I've had enough of you. I know that you and your flunkies went and killed that man. I have witnesses saying that they saw you and five other men break into his home last night." I stopped him right there.

"Witnesses?" I asked, trying to keep the disbelief out of my tone. Everyone who had any sense knew not to tell cops anything about us. If you saw us, you'd turn the other wayand keep your mouth shut. It was a known rule, a respected one, and one that could end your life if not abided by.

"Yes, witnesses. They gave accurate descriptions of you and your pals." He sounded cocky, but I was going to bring that down real quick.

"So they told you my name?" I asked, leaning back in my chair.

"Er... Well... He gave a detailed description." He then cursed under his breath. He had made a mistake.

"So it was only one person then?" I asked, cocking my head to the side. "And he didn't give you my name? I'm sorry, Mr. Officer, but that's not enough evidence to accuse me of murder."

He stood up angrily and slammed his fist down on the desk. I watched as the short, robust man stared at me with hatred. His balding head glistened with sweat that started to trickle down his face.

"I know you sure as hell aren't innocent!" He yelled at me. "You've killed before, Valentino! You and that mobster, drug lord daddy of yours think you run this town, don't 'cha?! Well you don't! I run this town, boy! Never forget it!" He beat the desk with his fist some more, before getting quiet.

"Officer McCurry, I can honestly say that I've never killed a man in my life." I spoke calmly and made it sound as honest as a liar could.

"Er... We're done here, Valentino. Get to class." He then grabbed his papers and shuffled out of the room awkwardly.

I leaned further back in my chair and sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose. He was a handful, but now I had bigger things to worry about. Someone was causing trouble in the neighborhood and my father wouldn't be too happy about it.

"Fuck." I cursed.

I guess I'm not getting any sleep tonight.