†Spiders and Sinners† [boyxboy] Ch.6

Vic's POV

I opened my door and walked into my room, plopping down onto my bed. The black, satin sheets felt cool against my skin.

Spider walked in, looking at everything.

"Your room is really cool." He admired, sitting down on an arm chair that matched my bed.

"Thanks." I said, reaching onto my nightstand for the remote. I turned on the television, then tossed the remote to Spider.

"Computer's over there, books and game systems are on the shelves, and Arlene will probably bring us food in like, ten minutes... If she feels like it." I added. "Do whatever you want."

He nodded, but didn't move from the chair.

"So what are you going to do?" He asked, looking over at me. He seemed overly excited, like he expected us to play a board game or some shit.

"Sleep." I yawned, raining on his parade. 

"What the fuck? Why did you even bring me here then? I don't want to watch you sleep." He looked at me as if I were mental.

"Um.."

I didn't know what to say. Why the fuck did I bring him to my house instead of taking him home? He was a complete stranger.

I groaned inwardly, covering my face with a pillow.

I guess now would be a good time to take him home then.

I looked at him again and decided against it. I didn't want him to leave yet. He was the first person around here (that wasn't directly related to me) that I kind of liked.

He rolled his eyes at me.

 "Get up." He ordered, spinning the chair around to face me. "Now." He crossed his arms.

I laughed, staying in my bed.

"Make me."

Spider grinned devilishly and it made him look... Well, beautiful... I can say that without sounding gay, right? I'm straight, but Spider had this whole androgynous, perfection thing going on. Anyone would have to be blind not to see it. He was edgy, and gorgeous, and perfect, and broken..

I wanted to be his friend...

...

...Wow, that sounds gay.

Caught up in my own thoughts, I hadn't realized that Spider had been walking over to the bed. And I still didn't completely register it until I was lying on my back, looking up at him from the floor.

"Ouch?" I questioned, wondering how he had gotten me off of the bed in the first place. I must have been deeper in thought than I had realized. I mean, this guy was tiny.

Spider laughed, holding out his hand as an offer to help me up. I smirked and pulled him down onto the floor as I got up, reversing our positions. He cursed, I laughed.

"So, what do you want to do?" I asked, untangling myself from the sheets and blankets I had dragged off of my bed.

"Whatever you want. It's your house." He shrugged, getting off of the floor.

"Okay, we're going to sleep..." I started.

"No.." He stopped me. "We're going to talk."

"About what?" I asked, watching him climb into my bed and tuck himself in the remaining sheets and blanket.

It was weird because I didn't do anything to stop him. My bed was like a temple to me, the most sacred of all places, and he was in it. I remember how Ace had tried to sit on my bed and I almost gave him a concussion. Ace was family, this kid was a stranger.. but I didn't touch him. For some reason it seemed right. Like he belonged there or something.

Weird, huh?

"Everything," he said simply. Spider kicked off his shoes and they fell underneath the bed.

"Why are you in my bed?" I couldn't help but ask.

"It looked really comfortable... and I wanted to see what you would do." He smirked.

"You wanted to see what I would do?" It came out more of a statement than a question.

"Well, yeah." He propped himself up on his elbow. "You act like nothing phases you. I just wanted to see if I could do something that would get some kind of reaction out of you."

 I opened my mouth to object, but he stopped me.

"And I don't mean the sarcastic shit you say, I mean a genuine feeling. I want you to speak without thinking... It's only human."

"You're supposed to think before you speak though. If you don't, it can get you kil... into trouble." I bit down on my lip.

"See! You just did it. You were going to say something else, but you changed your mind!" He sat up in my bed.

"So?" I shrugged.

"So... You should tell me what you were going to say at first."

"Why? It doesn't matter." I said, trying to brush it off. I was pretty sure that telling him that saying the wrong things could get me killed, wasn't the best way to start out a friendship. He'd ask questions, then I'd have to lie to him.

He rolled his eyes.

"Okay, whatever. Let's play a game?"

"What kind of game?"

"It's kind of like twenty questions, but you aren't guessing anything." He smiled. "It's basically an excuse to get to know the person you're playing with." He said with a shrug.

"Are you serious?" I asked, staring at him.

"Here, I'll start. What's your favorite color?"

"Black."

"That's not a color."

"Yeah, it is."

"Black is the absence of color."

"So? It's still in the crayon box. It's a color."

"But it--" Spider started.

"It's a color." I finished.

"N--"

"It's still a color."

"Wha-- "'

"It's a color."

"You're a prick." He finally managed to say, holding back a smirk.

"It's my turn, right?" I smiled back at him.

"Yeah." He rolled his eyes at me.

"And I can ask anything I want?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Uh... yeah.." He answered more nervously. I could tell that he didn't know where I was going with this.

I laughed.

This game might not be as lame as it sounds.

***********************************