I Made Him A Criminal

//AN// I didn't want to end the last chapter!! Could you tell? It was like- "I began to faint, and I saw this person do that, and that person do this, then I felt dizzy, the last thing I saw was this, and then this happened. Finally my vision got fuzzy- but I heard that..." It was really drawn out. So I'm really excited to write this chapter!! In fact the second I posted my last chapter I started this... I hope you like it!

I woke up every once in a while, but every time I was drowsy and my arm hurt severely, so I drifted back to sleep without even opening my eyes.

I woke after who knows how long and glanced around. My arm was wrapped up in what looked like the bottom of a shirt that had been torn off hastily, and blood was seeping through it.

I was in the back of an alley behind trash bin covered in graffiti, but it didn't look like it had been used for years. I realized how hot I was and that the bin was probably making it worse, but I didn't crawl out because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get up again.

"Ryder?" I called half-heatedly.

There was no answer, and I began to panic. Then I saw the note in my lap.

'Went to the store for real first aid supplies, Phyllis decided she wouldn't give us more than band-aids. Stay where you are and avoid the police. Don't die either, I need help with this. 

-Ryder'

Why would I avoid the police? Why would it matter? I decided to listen to the note and just stay where I was.

I lifted the bandage to see what the wound looked like. Blood was still coming from it but just barely. My arm was stained red. The wound was generally straight but it looked like it was dirty. Of course I wasn't about ready to touch it and renew the initial pain. By that I don't mean the pain had gone away, it had just died down slightly.

I put the shirt strip back on my arm and leaned back.

(Mini //AN//)  

I hope you like it so far!! This is a miniature AN so this chapter isn't over. We're switching to Ryder's point of view for the second time in he whole book, because Makayla is just sitting there in pain, and there's no point writing about that. (End Mini //AN//)

I walked up the street hoping Makayla hadn't ignored my note. When Makayla had passed out, the police ran in and took away the robber. Thing is, the ambulance showed up minutes later and the nurses had their hearts set on getting Makayla in that car. So did the police. And most of the bystanders.

It was lucky they didn't expect me to run, or they would've caught me. I hid behind the nearest thing I got to, which, unfortunately, was a trash bin. The whole time the police were freaking out and yelling,

"HE'S KIDNAPPING THE INJURED GIRL!!!" and, "STOP!!"

I realized I needed to stop the flow of blood, and that there were only band-aids in he first aid kit. I tore off the bottom of my shirt and wrapped it around the bleeding even though it was damp and sticky with sweat.

Makayla began breathing hard, and she was sweating badly. The bleeding didn't go down much and she looked pained in her sleep. I waited for a while police cars patrolled the area looking for us, but finally they stopped coming and I decided I needed to go to the store.

I pocketed $35, and I wrote Makayla out a note with paper from the trash bin and a pen from the bags Phyllis packed us. I set it in Makayla's lap and crawled out. I walked in the shadows of stores and in crowds. Several times police cars came and I had to go into a store and pretend to be buying something. The store clerk and the customers all gave me disgusted looks, but of course I was wearing a torn shirt, I looked like I hadn't slept well in weeks, and I had several cuts and bruises.