Picnics

"What the heck do you mean!?" I asked, surprised.

"Well, for one thing, I have your backpack." Ryder smirked."I also have my backpack. Why would you care? I didn't eat lunch yesterday or today. I have food. You have gym supplies, but if you really want that line there..."

That jerk had food. He was probably going to make a big deal out of saying how good it was and how I was missing out, and I wouldn't even be able to slap him. Then I would get sick from hunger and throw up on my clothes, which couldn't be changed. Yes, I had it all thought out.

"That's very funny, now give me food." I hissed, at which Ryder stuck his tongue out at me.

"Mmmm, can't wait to eat that sandwich, it has fresh lettuce, tomatoes, ham, cheese, mustard, mmmm." He said dramatically.

I calmed myself down. He wouldn't actually starve me, would he? Even he wouldn't sink that low... Right? I couldn't decide whether to demand food again, or actcept my defeat. The latter was not going to happen, so I walked to the edge of the line.

"Fine, I'll take it down." I decided, leaning down to pick it up.

"Were you wrong about making that line? Admit you were wrong, or you will get no food." Ryder taunted, making me consider ripping the smirk off his face.

"I WASN'T WRONG!!!" I yelled, folding my arms.

"Hmm, I wonder how it'll be like watching you starve to death while I eat." Ryder mused, taking a lunchbox out of his bookbag and waving it in front of my face."To bad, I had enough for both of us to be decently fed for over a week."

"That's impossible!" I said.

Ryder wordlessly poured the contents of his first lunchbox on his lap and it didn't even fit. The lunch box had been completely stuffed with food. Ryder grinned at my reaction.

"Yum, can't wait to eat it!" Ryder sighed dramatically, rubbing his stomach. "The other box is this full too." He whispered.

"SHUT UP!!" I yelled before Ryder could torture me about the food more. I covered my ears.

Ryder laughed. "You're so fun to watch when you can't decide what to do!" He stuffed crackers in his face, snickering to himself.

Ryder grinned. "Just say the words, 'I was wrong', I promise I'll give you food!"

"Yeah, then I'll believe a random guy on the street when he says, 'Your mom wanted me to take you home, get in my car." I mean really!" Okay maybe he wasn't THAT unreliable, but still.

"Come on, I didn't even poison the food! Just say it and you can have some!" Ryder said impatiently.

I looked at the food, heard my stomach growling so loud I was surpirised the people living in the house across from our middle school didn't hear us and come get us, and suddenly decided I had been very, very wrong. "I shouldn't have made the line! I was wrong! Gimme food now!" I hissed.

Ryder smirked and slid the second lunch box over to me. "I'm gonna suggest you don't eat it all now." He said, closing his lunchbox and putting it in a corner.

"Yeah, I guess..." I agreed- wait no, not agreed, this was Ryder! I had similar thoughts to him, yep, perfect.

Ryder layed down and folded his arms behind his head. "How long do you think we'll be here?" He asked.

"Until our parents are home so, three days or less." I replied.

Ryder stared at the ceiling and shut his eyes."And if they miss their flight and they can't get back for a week?"

"Then a week or less, obviously." I replied.

"I'm still hungry."

"Then eat!"

"But I wanna save it!"

"Then save it."

"But-"

"I'm going to take your food away."

"I'm gonna eat it. Have a picnic."

"Knock yourself out. Really, my day would be better if you did."

"Very funny. Now shut up."

Ryder took enough food to feed three people and spread it out on the floor. Then He brought out a slightly squished juice box and pushed the straw through the hole, slurping up almost half the box. Then he started inhaling food.

"Eww. That's gonna come back up if you keep eating like that." I warned him. Then I wondered why I warned him.

Ryder wiped his mouth with his sleeve and scowled. "You aren't my mother. Or anything else, for that matter."

Then my stomach growled again. Curse you stomach.Then I decided I wasn't going to give in and eat out of my box. I was going to give up and eat out of Ryder's picnic. I kicked aside the line and walked over to Ryder, and shoved a sandwitch in my mouth. Let me rephrase that, I shoved a sandwhich out of Ryder's hands into my mouth. I was pleased with myself...

"HEY!"

"Yes Ryder?"

"YOU JUST TOOK THAT OUT OF MY HAND AND I WAS GONNA EAT IT!"

His shocked face almost made me feel kinda bad. Almost.

"Aww, poor baby!"

"SHUT UP AND GO AWAY!"

"It was a sandwhich, cool it."

"A sandwhich that you stole."

"A sandwhich out of like 20. You ate enough already."

"Are you saying I'm fat!?"

"Yes."

I figured I was having to much fun with this. I just plopped down and started eating. Ryder stared at me, kind of surprised that I hadn't contiued.

"I'm going to sleep in the corner. It's cooling down so I'll be fine." I said

"I'm gonna go sleep in the storage room." Ryder added, walking over to the room.

"Have fun in there, maybe stay there." I replied. Ryder glared at me; walked into the storage room and shut the door.

Then I got an idea. an idea to get that jerk back for taunting me with the food. Then he'd think twice before messing with me...