The Dark

I heard Ryder's breathing steady, and then I slammed the storage room door shut and stuffed tissues in the crack of the door. 

He was stuck now, the door was clogged. Now he'd leave me alone. 

I heard him let out a sharp breath. "Makayla? What did you do?" 

I smirked. "I only got the door jammed. You aren't getting out unless I want you out." I almost burst out laughing. 

"O-oh." He whispered. "I'm gonna go to sleep..." 

My eyes got wide. There was no banging on the door, no threats, no cussing, no... anything. Was he planning something so he didn't think he needed to be worried? Maybe he was half asleep. There was no way he could get out, without using a complicated method of some sort which he was probably to tired to think up. He hadn't been in there long enough to be half asleep. Then it hit me. 

" Ryder, are you afraid of the dark?" 

Silence. 

"I'll let you out if you tell me!" I bribed. 

"Mmm...h- uh, n-n-no. Course not." He stuttered. 

I smirked. "Aww, it's okay." 

"Sh-Shut up..." He hissed. 

The funny thing is, I felt bad for him. Not just a little either, but I suddenly felt horrible for trapping him in the storage closet and scaring him like that. I slowly unclogged the door and opened it. Ryder bolted out and ran right into me. 

We ended with us in atangled up pile on the ground. 

"GET OFF!" I yelled, pushing him off  and brushing dust off of my pants. 

"It was an actcident." Ryder pouted. 

Yeah right. the teenage boy 'accidentally' ended up on top of the teenage girl. Yup. Believable. Course it was Ryder and me so... That did make a difference, right? Wait, what was I saying! Of course it did. 

"I'm just going to sleep in the corner with the small amount of dignity I have left." Ryder yawned. "As long as you're on the other side of the room." 

"That goes without saying." I muttered. 

Maybe I didn't really hate Ryder, he had a side I had never met before. The scary thing was, I thought that side was kind of cute.