Entry Eighteen.

01-09-2012

Got a letter from Shay today, I don’t understand why he couldn’t just come in. I’m thoroughly annoyed but… it’s not my place to fuss.

The note that was slipped through the door, stuck it here:

Dear Aalia,

“The successful leader must be willing to assume responsibility for the mistakes and the shortcomings of his followers.”

                             --Napoleon Hill

What the hell this letter means is beyond me. Too often, I’ve been debating whether it really was Shay, I just assumed because…no one else knows.

I can’t wait for him to visit, I miss him and more than that, this letter is making me uneasy – very uneasy.

-End of Entry.

“Shay, boss wants to see you!” a gruff voice yelled down the hall. He inaudibly cursed under his breath, it was frustrating him beyond bounds that he couldn’t go see Aalia. Every time he tried, a task would come up.

He stomped towards the big oak door, his mood stormy. He didn’t care what Arlo thought at that moment, because he entered the room noisily and banged the door shut. However, Arlo didn’t even flinch, he continued to sign the documents scattered on his desk and read the tiny scripts in front of him; Shay could feel his barely contained the anger about to burst.

Finally, Arlo placed his Parker down carefully and looked up to Shay. Pushing his reading glasses over his nose, he gestured for Shay to take a seat on one of the plush black chairs available and Shay complied, though with more force than necessary.

“Is something the matter?” Arlo droned with his thick accent, he cocked a dark eyebrow and leaned closer to Shay, almost as if daring him to complain.

Shay clenched and unclenched his fist a few times and closed his eyes briefly. Gulping down his agitation, he looked back at Arlo defiantly.

“Same question for you, boss, you asked for me?”

“Ah yes!” he leaned back on his chair and folded his hands over his chest, “You need to go watch Mr. Maitha, he’s landing from Dubai at two.”

Shay let out a groan.

“I have work here, send someone else, Arlo. I am organizing the auction, and with all the tasks you’ve been giving me lately, we’ll never finish.”

“Oh, don’t you worry about that, I’ll make sure it’s perfectly ready. I need my most trusted man doing this,” Arlo stated, putting emphasis on the trusted almost as if he knew something was up.  Shay let out a defeated sigh and got up to walk to the door.

“I’m at it,” he says and with that he leaves towards another task that Arlo had given a lot of others in the past.

An perturbed feeling crawled into the pit of Shay’s stomach but he ignored it. He concluded that he was just an edgy mess of nerves due to the plan that was about to unfold; he blamed it all on the maddening stress.

With that resolve, he went ahead and completed the task but got no time to sneak into Aalia’s room.

**************

A/N – Dedicated to scifyfrye for being an awesome reader. Thank you for all those votes.

Well, other than that, the great ending is nearing!! God, can’t wait to actually have that //tick// at the end of this title :) Oh, and it's a short chappie but longer one the next one!

Cheers.