Entry Eleven

Entry Eleven

01-08-2012

Shay showed up, today, two weeks after the meeting with Grace and being caught by Arlo. Sadly though, he wasn’t the only one to show up because Arlo beat him to it.

He showed up last night. I was standing by the rusty caged window and just breathing in Brazil’s salty air. The sound of the crashing waves was hypnotic and it helped me calm my guilty brain. Every second of everyday, my mind was plagued with worry for Shay and my stomach was heavy with guilt. So I was going through my daily dose of self therapy to prevent myself from losing my sanity, when the bolts of my Incarcerate started twisting and turning in their abode. My heart ignited a circus due to the excitement; I was finally going to see Shay.

It wasn’t Shay that met my yearning eyes as the door opened, it was Arlo. Confidence oozed from the very air he breathed, and he had a reason for possessing it, he was a multi billionaire criminal who hadn’t been caught for years now. He strolled towards my direction, looking me dead in the eye as he approached; silently showing me who was boss.

“Enjoying the breeze, darling?” he asked in his deeply accented voice as he came to stand next to me.

“Where is Shay?” I boldly asked. I didn’t take my eyes away from him for even a second because if I wanted to know the answer, I couldn’t afford to seem afraid. He turned to my direction with a twinkle in his death black eyes.

“Is that affection I see?” he questioned in amusement as he treaded closer to me. A bulge settled in my throat and my heart beat picked up pace, but I was desperate for answers, so I kept my mouth shut because I was sure my traitorous voice would give my fear away.

“Is that an affirmative?” he asked, now almost standing nose to nose with me. I just looked at him blankly, dead set on my mission to know what he did to Shay. As we stared at each other, I saw that deadly strike of madness flash in his black orbs. I had only seen in twice, when he killed the Asian girl and when he smacked me, and at that instance I knew that I was in a lot of trouble.

He grabbed a fist of my brown hair in his big rough hands and tugged it violently. It almost felt as if my skull would rip clean off and the burning sensation raced down my spine to the very tip of my toes. His cool and calm demeanor slipped off and a mad demon replaced him. I winced in pain, but I didn’t let the cry slip my mouth because I am stronger than that and I could not allow him to find satisfaction in my pain. He dragged me by the hair to the bedroom; my eyes welled with the searing pain that was travelling in shockwaves through my body.

He positioned us in right by the bed so that the cool iron frame was digging into the back of my knees. He let go of my hair and landed a heavy blow on my face; a sickening crackle sounded as my teeth chattered against each other, my lip slashed against my sharp canines and a metallic taste flooded my mouth in abundance. My vision became a hazy fog of reality with black polka dots dancing in it. I fell to the bed due to the impact of the slap.

“How dare you question me, Bitch, I own you,” he sneered as he pulled me to my feet once again using my shoulder as a tug rope.

I felt like the shoulder blade ripped out of its place due to the force he used on me. My vision swayed like a see-saw as I stood in front of Arlo’s maddening gaze. The pain had driven me crazy.

“You don’t own me, Arlo, you stole me,” I spat, “and that just makes you a lowly thief.”

I chuckled emptily and that moment the sparks of madness bloomed into a full on inferno; right before my eyes, I saw my death flash before and it made me sickeningly happy.