Chapter 3

Maka and Soul's apartment was pretty nice; much different from anything I'd ever lived in. I sat down on the couch and looked around in awe.

"You look amazed," Soul smirked, "It's not exactly fancy, but it's decent and it's home."

"It's really nice!" I exclaimed, "One of the nicest I've ever been allowed in at least."

"Is spaghetti okay with you guys?" Maka called from the kitchen, "It seems like we need to go food shopping."

"Sounds good to me," I said, "What about you–"

There was a loud crash in the kitchen and Soul jumped up in alarm.

"I'm just gonna do the cooking tonight," he sighed and got up to switch places with Maka, "Her cooking is sorta hit o miss."

The door burst open and the most annoying brat on the face of the planet stormed in. "The party can now begin!" Black Star shouted. Tsubaki followed him in quietly and Kid, Liz and Patti brought up the rear.

"Glad you could come," Maka said and joined everyone in the living room.

"What's the new girl doing here?" Black Star asked and turned to face me, "Come to bask in my glory?"

"You wish," I snorted.

"I'm going to surpass God. No one can beat me, not even you."

"Look kid," I stood up and moved closer to him, "I'm in no mood to listen to your bullshit. You have no idea what I've been through. I've been to hell and back. Tell your story to someone who cares, not me." He smirked, apparently unfazed. Man, this guy was something else; so irritating. "I don't like you."

"Dinner!" Soul yelled, which broke the tension. We all shuffled into the dining room and sat at the table, filling all available chairs, sitting meister by weapon. Kentaro seemed excited, and it actually calmed me down. Was this the whole connection between meister and weapon thing? I pushed it to the back of my mind and Soul handed me a heaping plate of spaghetti; it was like a small mountain.

"You better eat all that," he smirked.

"That sounds like a challenge. I accept and will indeed finish it all, and I'll even ask for seconds," I grinned; I was a very competitive person.

One of my better qualities was if I liked a person I could get along with them easily and quickly. I opened up to people I liked and I could be a very friendly. I really liked this group here; well, everyone but Black Star.

I fulfilled my statement, and indeed had seconds that was not nearly as big as the first helping; I hadn't had this good of a meal since I do't know when. After eating and cleaning up, we all sat in the living room again and talked .

"So what's your problem?" Black Star asked in a moment of silence. I stared blankly at him and he sighed,  "You said you don't like me. Everyone likes me 'cause I'm such a big star. Obviously there's something wrong with you."

"I think you're a really annoying egotistical bastard," I said bluntly, "You can't surpass god; you aren't strong enough."

The whole room was silent and all eyes were turned to Black Star. He was smirking again. "So, you think you're stronger than me?"

"I know I am."

"Let's fight then," he said and walked outside; I followed and the others trailed behind me.

Outside it was already dark. The only light was coming from street lamps and other peoples' windows. Black Star was already waiting on the cobblestone street, confidence radiating from him.