Chapter 1

Death Weapon Meister Academy; a special school for meisters and weapons founded by Lord Death himself for the sole purpose of hunting down souls that could be potential kishins.

Why the hell am I here? I, Ayane Kitayama, am not a goody two-shoes who wants to help save the world; I'm a badass street fighter, leader of the infamous gang the Black Hearts. The only reason I was here was because of that stupid doctor looking guy with a screw in his head.

I looked at the huge building in front of me and shook my long black hair back. Most people might find it intimidating, I looked at it like a challenge. I was going to beat the hell out of the doctor. He said his name when we first met, but I don't remember it at all.

I started up the  stairs and when I made it to the top, I looked around at the students outside. There were a few groups who stood out to me: a girl with ash blonde pigtails in a school like uniform with a lazy looking guy with white hair and red eyes, a short guy with spiky blue hair and a star tattoo on his right shoulder with a girl with a long skinny black ponytail, and a black haired boy with three white stripes and a goofy looking suit with a blonde and brunette girl wearing matching outfits. Great, already this place is full of weirdoes.

I went inside the building and found my way to the office through the semi-confusing hallways. Living on the streets has helped me with that much. I got a map and a schedule and went off to my homeroom, Class Crescent Moon. I found it quickly and kicked open the door and trudged in. I felt pissed off for some reason, and I didn't care if I caused a scene. I walked over to the teachers desk, staring at my feet.

"Ah, Miss Ayane Kitayama, glad you could join us."

The teacher's voice made my head snap up and I jumped back.

"You!" I yelled.

He twisted his screw and puffed his cigarette, "I have a name, it's Professor Stein."

I scowled at him and quickly swung my leg up to kick him. If it was any other person, they'd have no  time to react and would be flung across the room. But this guy wasn't ordinary. He grabbed my leg in midair with a bored expression on his face and I cursed.

"Class this is Ayane Kitayama. She's the new meister here."

I frowned and looked out at all the kids in the classroom. I noticed the three groups from earlier sitting together and near them a small guy with short black hair who looked innocent.

"You can take a seat next to Kentaro over there," Stein said and pointed to the innocent kid.

As I walked up the stairs to my seat, this nerdy kid with huge glasses was staring at me as if he were analyzing me.

"What the hell are staring at, four-eyes?" I said and gave him an icy glare. He shrunk back and I continued to my seat. I sat in between the ash blonde chick and Mr. Innocent.

"Hi there," she said with a smile, "I'm Maka Albaron. It's nice to meet you." She held out her hand and I looked at it stupidly.

After a moment, I shook it cautiously, "Cool. I think you know I'm Ayane." Maybe this chick isn't too bad. I didn't get pissed off at her, so that was a good sign.

She gestured to the white haired dude next to her, "This is Soul. He's my weapon. They guy next to him is Black Star, and the girl is his weapon Tsubaki."

They all waved and I nodded. "Who's that weirdo with the stripes in his hair and that nerd dude?"

"Who are you calling weirdo?!?" Stripes turned around and glared at me. I glared back at him and he turned back around. One thing I'm proud of is my glaring ability; my icy blue eyes scare a lot of people.

"That's Death the Kid, Lord Death's own son. The two girl with him are Liz and Patti, his weapons. Liz is the brunette and Patti's the blonde."

"Hi!!!!!!' Patti yelled and waved frantically. I gave her a weird look and turned my attention back to Maka.

"They guy with the glasses is Ox Ford. His weapon is right next to him, Harvar." This Harvar guy must've been the dude with the futuristic sunglasses.

I turned to my other side and looked at Mr. Innocent. "Who're you again?"

"I-I'm Kentaro," he said nervously.

Usually people like that piss me off; the ones who stutter and are all nervous and stuff, but this guy didn't. I just couldn't see me getting mad at this guy.

"Are you doing that on purpose?" I asked him.

"D-Doing what?" he shrunk back a bit.

"I can't get mad at you. That's not normal because usually people like you piss me off. Are you purposely making it so I can't be mad?"

"Oh no! I'm not doing anything I'm terribly sorry that you can't be mad at me–"

"You talk too much. I'm Ayane," I said with a smile and shook his hand.

Well, maybe even I can make a few normal friends. By normal, I meant anyone who doesn't beat up people for fun like my gang. I didn't realize that these guys were all far from normal.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Any good? :) the pic is just a cute drawing i saw online :)