Sam and Manga Real Talk

(The following conversation between Samantha and I actually happened via skype.)

Me: Hello to all of my faithful readers. Thank you for sticking around for such a long time. I'm so happy that I was able to have some people read what I wrote, while enjoying most of the parts. Before officially ending this book, I wanted to make some announcements with the help of my sister-like best friend, Samantha.

Sam: Today is a sad, sad day for many, many reasons. I wear black today children.

Me: Sam is a bit overdramatic.

Sam: Not overdramatic, it is an ending of an era.

Me: An era of my crappy writing.

Sam: It's NOT crappy.

Me: Whatever helps you sleep at night. Anyway, I thought that the most appropriate way to end this novel would be with an extended disclaimer that I have forced you all to love.

Sam: No one is forced to love anything; they love it because it is awesome. Like US, but hey.

Me: Okay, okay. I would like to first announce one thing that I have already announced in the beginning: this whole book is entirely for Sam. Without her constant encouragement and support, I would not be anywhere. Sam has helped me through everything, and I wrote this book because I wanted something that I thought would make her laugh and feel happy. I'm glad that other people have enjoyed it, but mainly Sam's opinion matters the most.

Sam: Whenever you write it makes me happy, and whenever I write I want to make you happy. If other people are happy, that's great, but in the end, the only reason we ever wrote was to keep each other happy. In the end, that's all I care about. And the fact that you won't be writing on the thing that brought us together in the first place makes me sad, but I look forward to reading your published books in the future. And plus, we have the Senseis-of-random account STILL.

Me: That blatant promotion tho.

Sam: Shhh, moving on.

Me: In all seriousness though, Sam is right: I am going to stop writing on this account. For what reason? Well, that is a good question. I do not want to be remembered as the girl who wrote fanfiction. I really want to be a writer one day, and I won't get there writing someone else's story. I need to start writing my own books, fail, and then write again. I know that the chances of me succeeding are slim, and I have even less time to write, but if I want this life bad enough, I will achieve it, no matter what. And my first book will be dedicated to many people, mainly family, but I will make sure that Sam is mentioned because of how much she has helped me throughout the years. Not just in writing, but in everything that I struggled with through high school and college. Most days it felt like Sam was the only one that I could talk to who was actually listening. If I had never gone on to Wattpad, I would never have met Sam, and I honestly don't know how I would have survived high school.

Sam: No matter what Haley does, I am going to give my full support to her because she is one of my best friends, and I can't imagine life without one of my best friends. She's gonna be big and I'm gonna be reading her books one day, saying "That's my best friend."

Me: Oh gosh, now I'm really scared because I don't want to disappoint you.

Sam: Haley, you can never disappoint me. As I've told you before, I will always enjoy what you write.

Haley: Aw. Okay, now for another announcement: thank you to everyone who encourage this book, laughed at my attempts at humor, and found themselves caring about what happened next. Special shout out to BlakeSnow who always had my back and left hilarious comments that made Sam and I laugh and question why we hate Sasuke so much.

Sam: Hahaha. DOWN WITH SASUKE, DOWN WITH SASUKE!

Me: Okay, so maybe we don't question why we hate Sasuke, but still. Your comments always made my day, so thanks. I would give special shout outs to everyone if I was able to, but honestly, I really don't want to go through the comments again because the majority of them are either buried or just say "UPDATE." Which, yes, I was aware that you guys wanted me to update for a long time. I have been busy, and was hoping to avoid updating at all, but I did need to see this through. Once again, mainly for Sam, but also for my readers. Also, I am so sorry to Sam because after so many chapters it mainly started to be fanservice.

Sam: We don't talk about the fanservice.

Me: I am going to avoid fanservice in my future novels. It will be helpful that I do not have someone constantly reading every chapter I write. Honestly, I kind of started to want more views, and added things that the fans wanted to keep my readers. This was very wrong of me, and the correct term used to describe people like this is "sellout." So, yeah. That feels great. Anyway, in the beginning of this book, Tukiko was literally just an innocent brat who annoyed the Akatsuki, but they loved her. That is how it was supposed to be.

Sam: And then it got complex and fanservicy.

Me: Ouch, straight to the heart, but true. Anyway, this whole book was literally supposed to be only about the Akatsuki. Like, the rest of the Naruto cast was not even supposed to be involved. And romance scenes were not supposed to happen. That is also why I butchered them: I was not meant to write romance. I have never been, and to my knowledge will never be, in a romantic relationship with anyone. Any crushes I have had were purely innocent and did not involve me thinking about them every freaking day. Like, I honestly have no idea how to describe kissing. It's kind of embarrassing.

Sam: Yeaaahh.

Me: So, you know, any scene where I was like "and then they kissed," is of course going to be awkward. I don't know what you expect from me. I can write about friendship because I have a lot of experience in that field, or even about one-sided feelings because I have also experienced that once or twice, but I have always moved on. In Narutoland, no one ever moves on. Long story short: before I can write romance, I need to understand it. My future stories will involve mainly dramatic storylines and dark comedy mixed in. Romance, if there is any, will either be short and cheesy, or dysfunctional/sad/one-sided.

Sam: Haley had a good run on Wattpad, but now it's time for her to go on to better things.

Me: Thank you all for reading, commenting, liking, and following. I hope that I was able to make you laugh at the appropriate times. If you really want to read what I write, Sam and I have a joint account on Senseis-of-random. Please check it out.  Well, this Is goodbye, I guess. Thank you.