Chapter 23. The Great Escape

[ a/n ]: this will probably be the only time I ever do two updates in one day. Authors Note at the end of the chapter will explain everything :)

Chapter 23. The Great Escape

  I wake up from being unconscious yet again, and notice that I am in a hospital stretcher. I furrow my eyebrows and sit up immediately, only to have my left wrist be confined to the pole handle on the side of the gurney.

My wrist is handcuffed to the stretcher with silver handcuffs while my right hand is free to do whatever. I use my right hand to try and get my left hand free, but it's no use.

I need a key, and or a bobby-pin.

I notice that I am still in the same building that I tried to escape from earlier, meaning Oliver and Griffin are still here. I can tell that it's the same building by the cemented floors and leaky pipes above us, however, I do wonder where they got a hospital gurney from.

Thankfully, someone fixed up my wound in my stomach and I am all bandaged up, and whoever fixed my stomach problem must've given me some major pain killers, because I don't feel an ounce of pain. That is, if I don't slouch or move my body too quickly..

As I struggle to get free, I cannot help but wonder what happened with everyone.

What if Griffin caught him and killed him? What if I will never see him again?

Oh my gosh, what happened to Ryder? Did Oliver catch him, too?

Where is Jackson? Did he handcuff me here?

Someone's muffled voice snaps me out of my worried thoughts and I snap my head to the side in alert. Three chairs are set up in front of me with three people sitting in them with black bags over their heads, hiding their identities. I gasp in shock and swallow the lump in my throat at the sight.

"W-Who are you all?" I stammer and they all stir in their seats, letting out muffled responses.

I try my best to wheel my gurney over to them by squirming around until I am sideways. I turn my body to the right while my left hand lay limp to my side, still locked up to the pole. I reach out and pull the bags off, one by one.

I reveal the first person, which is Jackson, who has duct tape over his mouth. The second is Ryder, who also has duct tape covering his mouth. The third, is actually not Cole, in fact, it is my brother, Dylan.

"Dylan!" I gasp and rip the tape off of his mouth, in which he groans.

I take the tape off of Jackson and Ryder's mouths as well. All of their hands are tied behind their backs and their feet are strapped to the legs of their chairs.

"What happened?" I whisper.

Jackson is first to speak up. "I was taking you back to my car for safety, when someone came out of the building and attacked me. They took you in their arms and another guy grabbed me and brought me here and tied me up. I couldn't see their face, but something about them was familiar.. it was probably Griffin."

I nod, still confused at where we are exactly.

"I got here when they first took you, Eleanor." Ryder pipes up. "Oliver brought me here I guess, and tied me up. I've been here for hours."

I nod sympathetically, and thank God that everyone is at least alright. I look to Dylan for an explanation next and he lets out a shaky breath of air.

"I came to look for you, and then got hit with Oliver's knife on the way out of the building when he threw it at me. He nicked my leg, but I'm okay."