015

Sweet sixteen, like licking dripping strawberry ice cream off a sugar cone. 

Sweet sixteen, like the first time you kiss someone you really like and it's soft magic that sighs into your lips and sleeps there even after the moment fades. 

Sweet sixteen, like watching a cotton candy sunrise from the rearview mirror during a road trip. 

Sweet sixteen, like twirling on your tippy toes and singing along to Taylor Swift and pretending you're in love. 

Sweet sixteen, like low, curling ponytails and wisps of hair swept off your cheek. 

Sweet sixteen, like stretching out in the sunlight. 

Sweet sixteen, like the heart pounding moment before you check your first SAT score. 

Sweet sixteen, like the exhale-of-air feeling you get when you realize you're over your longest, biggest crush. 

Sweet sixteen, like tasting tears and relishing the hurt and wishing you'd never forget what this feels like. 

Sweet sixteen, like realizing that all you really want is to laugh a lot with your friends and forget the sting of yesterday. 

Sweet sixteen, like the coldness of fall's evenings nipping at summer afternoons. 

Sweet sixteen, like holding on tighter the more you realize you have to let go. 

Bittersweet sixteen.