Chapter 20.

Quensilla's POV

"I'm not sorry for slapping you." I say honestly to her face.

"Great because I'm not sorry for punching you." A few seconds later, we're all hugged up, crying to each other.

"What?" Theodore blinks as he eyes us.

"I missed you so much."

"Its been three days but okay." I continue hugging her and Theodore just snorts.

"This is weird." We all turn to the voice of Chase and Penelope immediately stiffens.

"So. . how are we going to get Daniella back?" Penelope asks and I sigh.

"You were right P, she is happier with them."

"Oh. ."

"And how about Peter, did he—"

"He's non existent." Theodore tries to sound sad but he failed miserably.

"Really? Is he dead?" She asks suddenly and I choke on my coke.

"No! He's just a waste of space." I shrug and she nods, understanding.

"So what do we do now? How do you feel?" All eyes turn to me and I shrug.

"I don't know." I answer both questions and there's a silence.

"I know what we have to do." Chase speaks up. "Get wasted and forget."

"No you idiot, that can't happen."

"Why not?" I pipe up surprisingly.

"I agree with Penelope." Theodore says. "I don't think now's the best time."

"Well you guys should just stay home then. I'm with Chase in this one." Chase smirks at Penelope who just glares at him.

"Quensilla." Theodore warns. "You and alcohol. ."

"Chase is there to watch me." I persuade.

"Um, try getting a drunk Chase to keep his eyes open after an hour." Penelope rolls her eyes.

"I always  kept my eyes open when I was with you." He defended.

"Okay." She mutters sarcastically and he just leans back in his seat, watching her.

This is awkward.

"So what time?"

I break the tension. "9, I'll pick you up."

"I'm coming too." Theodore sighs. "Just to keep an eye on you."

"Suit yourself." I say, suddenly giddy.

I was going to forget.

× × ×
9 o'clock on the dot Chase was there, and thank the lords too because Theodore was about to talk me out of going.

He decided that he would stay to shower here since. . well I don't know why but I let him do it anyway.

He looked good in his plain black long sleeved crew neck and matching ripped jeans.

"You're here!" I exclaim as I run down the stairs and Theodore groans.

Then, Penelope appears from behind him, and I slow my walk, Raising an eyebrow.

"Um?"

"Shut up. He just gave me a ride that's all." She rolls her eyes grabbing my hand to lead me outside.

"Ready to get so wasted you forget your name?"

× × ×

The club was loud, and the sweat scent was overbearing.

Exhilaration.

I was craving the alcohol, the rush, the everything, well maybe except the hangover but I wasn't worrying about that right now.

"Quensilla. . go easy Tonight okay?"

"Sure." I smile and he gives me a flat face as we advance to the bar. "Can I have —"

"Something mild for her."

"Theodore. ."

"What? I'm just—"

"You're here with me. I'll be fine."
He looks at me, watching over my features before sighing.

"Okay okay. I'm right here."

× × ×

"I think you've had enough."

"No wait!" I slur. "There's only a little in this glass."

"Chase you ready man?" He calls out, standing to grip my waist and I sigh, loving the feeling of the buzz I was on.

I felt confused, tired and giddy.

Perfection.

I can't remember why I was hurt.
I can't remember so much.

I like it.

"Hey, Quensilla?"

"Mm?" I hum.

"We're going home."

"Okay."

I guess Chase wasn't ready because we were the only one catching a cab, leaving his car to Penelope.

When we got home I felt the sudden urge to speak.

"Why are you still here?" I ask and he freezes from unpinning my heels.

"You want me to leave?'

"No. . I mean." I rub my temples, "why do you still put up with me? I'm a mess."

"You're my mess."

"I'm talking s-serious."

"Because. . I know that everything this universe sends at me before I get you will be worth it."

What?

That made no sense.

I furrow my eyebrows and he notices. "All this is just karma for what I did to you, Peter, you rejecting me, you pretending not to love me, I have to deal with all of that before I can get you, simply because I let you go not once but twice. In highschool when I didn't have the guts to show you that I wanted you, and I'm college when I had you and made you slip from my fingers. Its not happening again."

I can't help as my heart flutters, even if in this drunken state, I didn't feel confused anymore, I knew what I wanted.

"I'm sorry I made it so hard for you." I frown, pouting a bit and he chuckles.

"I'll go through anything for you babe." He then lifts me, carrying me into my room. "Do you want me to undress you?"

"Yes." I say immediately, the alcohol taking over my brain. "Wait.  . I-I mean no." He gives me a smirk and I avert my eyes. "Just stay here. .with me."

Its quiet for awhile before I feel the bed dip.

"Your wish is my command."