Chapter 20

Theodore's POV

"Are you there yet?" Penelope asks and I sigh.

"I'm almost there. Quit whining. I'm sure she's fine." I say, but in reality I was going past the speed limit and my heart was echoing in my chest.

After Penelope filled me in about all what had happened I nearly tried to fly out of my office.

Quensilla had always been fragile, even from the point where we were in highschool. I would watch her from a far, too coward to go close, and with all that had happened in her past and now?

Oh crap.

As soon as I pull into the house's driveway, I run up the stairs and knock harshly.

Minutes pass and no one answers, I try to turn the knob but it was locked, windows slammed shut.

"F'ck, f'ck, f'ck!' I yell out. " Quensilla?! "

No answer.

"Babe if you're in there, please answer the door." I hear movement, and that's all I need as I send a rock through the window.

"Are you crazy!" A voice screams and I unlock the door, through the window to let myself in.

"What're you doing?" I ask her once I enter and she was still wide eyed. "Quensilla? What's this?"

"None of your business." She snaps.

"You're running." I look at her bags in disapproval and she gulps.

"What am I supposed to do?" Her voice breaks as if in the moment I had revealed all her secret.

"Stay and fight —"

"Fight for what Theodore?" She turns her body completely towards me and I notice, out of the three days that I haven't seen her that she had lost a lot of weight. Her hair was lifeless and her expressions looked tired. "Can't you see? I've already lost. I can't fight for something I won't receive."

"If you're talking about Daniella—"

"We can't fix it!" She yells frustrated. "I won't, because every time I talk to her she seems even happier. She was never happy with me. And I t-thought that maybe, just maybe I could move on from you with Peter, but I can't, I never could and the universe just dumped a pail of ice cold water when I found I that he had a wife. And fourteen kids, all of them under the age of ten. Then I see you at a restaurant with a woman looking all happy and I knew for sure that this was my wake up call. I can't stay here Theodore. There's nothing here for me." She turns back to her bag, packing quickly and I grit my teeth.

"If by woman you mean step sister I mean sure, I was happy. But I don't know when you'll get out of your head and realize I'm all for you. I've always been. Even when you rejected me, or chose someone else. I could never forget you. . .  don't leave again."

"Theodore." She warns as I step closer to her.

"So you're just going to up and leave? What, repeat history?"

"What else am I supposed to do. Like I said, I already lost. I should simply start over."

"No."

"No?"

"I gave you a chance, whatever the f'ck you were doing with petro-reverse of whatever his name was and now you know, you're mine."

"Stop." She puts out her hand. "This is not what this is about."

"You've always been mine." I continue, taking her hand in mine.

"I—"

"And you'll always be mine."

× × ×

Quensilla's POV

After his rude testimony, Theodore threw me over his shoulder and literally kidnapped me so that we could go out for ice cream.

I bet he thought my mood would change but I just wanted to crawl under my sheets and be sad, be alone.

He made it very clear I wasn't leaving, even if I had my plane ticket ready, and I was glad because I honestly had no idea what I was doing. He read the letters, each by each before deadpanning me and tearing them in my faces.

I wondered why he still bothered with a girl like me, to the world, it would look like I was simply seeking attention but its so much more than that. Especially when you thought you were reeling in good luck, then life just hits you with a harsh lash.

"Hey. . cheer up."

"My life is a mess." I mumble watching the ice cream melt in the cup.

"We can fix it. You want to get Daniella back?" He asks but I shake my head.

"She's happier with her real parents." Not only that, but. . I guess in a lot of ways, her mom was right.

"Then the next step is to fix things with Penelope."

Right.

"She almost broke my nose." I cross my arms.

"And why is that?" He raises an eyebrow accusingly.

"Because.  ." I sigh. "Because I slapped her."

"Exactly. Both of you have some apologizing to do."

"If she even wants to. I was so mean to her."

"She's the one who asked me to come to you."

"Yea?" My eyes widen.

"Mhm."

"Then what're we waiting for! Let's go!"

•Chapter 19•