Chapter 7: Nerves

I went through my dresser drawers, throwing jeans out of them. I sighed and went back to my closet and tried looking for a shirt again. I failed once more and groaned in irritation.

"Why is it so hard to find something to wear!" I yelled.

"Cause you like him." Cay said in a sing-song voice.

I rolled my eyes. I guess I liked Brian a little, but definitely not enough to cloud my mind while choosing an outfit.

Cay was sitting on my bed, with Molly's head on her thigh. She was SUPPOSED to be helping me find something to wear, but all she did was text Matt. I guess they were a thing now or something. Whatever.

That was not the issue at the moment.

I scanned my closet once more and finally, I came upon a red cocktail dress I had gotten from my aunt for a birthday gift. I had never worn it before.

I put it on and looked at my reflection in the mirror. It was gorgeous. I turned to look at the back and stopped short. I could clearly see the scar on my back from the knife.

I started taking it off.

"But it's so cute!" Cay clued in.

I sighed and turned my back to her and lifted my hair so she could see. "I can't..."

"Ah.." there was a silence and then suddenly, " I have an idea!"

Cay jumped off the bed and ran to my closet. She started digging furiously until she found what she was looking for.

She pulled out a black shawl. She had a big grin.

I laughed and grabbed the shawl and looked back at the mirror.

"Beautiful." Cay said from behind me.

I smiled and looked down. I was staring to get nervous. But also very excited.

- - - -

Brian's POV

As I pulled into Amber's driveway, the knots in my stomach that I had been fighting since I left my house got even tighter.

I let out a breath and knocked on the door. Instantly, I heard a dog start to bark. I jumped a little.

"Molly! Stop barking!" I heard from inside.

I smiled as I heard Amber. My heart jumped as I thought about her. I definitely liked her.

I heard her footsteps come to the door.

When it opened, I was stunned. She was gorgeous.

"You look beautiful." I said as I handed her the red roses I had gotten for her.

She took them and blushed. "Thank you so much Brian."

I held out my hand. "Shall we go?"

She looped her arm through mine and nodded, smiling.

I led her to my black Corvette and opened the door of or her. She slid in and looked around the car in awe.

I chuckled to myself as I shut the door and walked around to the drivers side.

"You have a very beautiful car."

"Thanks." I smirked.

I backed out of the driveway and started driving towards the city. I hope this night turned out how I wanted.

~ ~~~~

I know I haven't updated in FOREVER!!! So here ya go!!

I hope you like it!!!

Please comment and vote!! It makes me so happy!!! :D

Thanks guys!! Love you all!!