Chapter 5: Scars

Amber's POV

When Caylee and I got back to my house it was 4:00 in the morning. We ate a snack and then she went home.

I didn't want to go to sleep, seeing as I would only get a few hour. So I decided that I wanted to watch some movies. I went into the kitchen and got a beer and some popcorn ad went up to my room.

Molly was asleep on my bed, snoring away. I laughed as she started running in her sleep. What a weird dog.

I laid on my bed and turned on the tv. I didn't care what I watched, I just didn't want to slee.

_ _ _ _

I woke up with popcorn all over me and Molly licking them up. I rubbed my eyes and stood up. I needed a shower.

I went to my bathroom, stripped down and stepped into the hot shower.

After washing myself off, I just stood there, letting the water hit my back.

It felt so good.

I got out and dried off. As I did, I looked into my full-length mirror. I cringed.

I could see all of my scars in th flourescent light. Scars from that night.

It had started as a normal night. I was at Caylee's house just hanging out. We had done our homework and talked about her latest crush. What we had always done.

It was 10:30 at night. My mom had called me to tell me to get home because it was a school night.

I left Cay's house and walked into the night. I only lived a few blocks down the road. I always walked home. It wasn't a long walk at all.

I only got to the third house on Cay's street when I saw him. He was a tall, lanky man. He was wearing a long trench coat with his hands in his pockets. Everything about him seemed...wrong.

I started walking faster. He followed, also quickening his speed.

I half-ran to the next street. No one's lights were on. No one seemed to be home.

He ran after me.

I knew that I had to scream, but I just couldn't. I couldn't get my mouth to open. I couldn't make a sound.

I kept running and running. I was so close to home. So close...

I started to turn onto the block just before mine. I did not see that the sidewalk was slightly raised.

My toe caught on the lip and i fell to the ground.

I landed on my left side and my elbows got skinned and scraped.

He was getting closer.

I tried to push myself up. It took a few tries. I finally got to my feet, but it was too late.

He was standing over me, looking down at me like I was a rodent.

I tries to scramble to my feet and he kicked me in the ribs, making me fall once more.

I kept trying, and he grabbed my shoulders and dragged me to a nearby alley.

I kicked and fussed, but it was no use. He eld my shoulders in one hand and put his other over my mouth to prevent me from screamind. Not that I could. I still couldn't find my voice.

He lifted me up and turned me so my back was facing him.

"What's a pretty thing like you doing all alone?" He growled in my ear. His breath smelled of alcohol.

I said nothing and squirmed in his grip.

He held me tighter, then suddenly slammed me into the brick wall.

"You are not weak enough!" He picked me up and shoved me to the ground.

He ripped my shirt off and threw it to the ground.

He kicked me in the back.

I still fought to pick myself up. I couldn't let him win.

He grabbed a brick that was lying on the ground and threw it at my bare back. I let out a scream of pain.

He laughed at my pain. My eyes filled with tears as I felt blood drip down my back. I could tell it was a lot.

I tried once more to get up, and he pulled out a pocket knife. He cut my arm. I kept trying. He cut me on my back.

I was so tired and had lost so much blood.

I couldn't fight anymore...

Everything blurred.

The last thing I remembered was letting out one final blood-curtling scream.

Then my world went black.

_ _ _ _

There was a loud knocking at my door. It pulled me out of my horrible memory.

I put some clothes on and went to answer the door.

"Jimmy?" I said as I looked into his smiling face.

"Hey Amber." He pulled me into a bear hug. I cringed at first, bu then settled into his warm embrace.

"What are you doing here?" I pulled away.

"Was just in the neighborhood." He smiled wider.

"How exactly did you know where I lived?"

"Of, I have my sources." He winked.

I laughed and stepped aside in the doorway. "Well come on in."

He stepped past me and went to my living room.

Molly then came running down the stairs, barking like crazy.

Once she saw Jimmy, she stopped and went right up to him. She rolled onto her back.

"Aw. Want your belly rubbed?" He laughed and crouched down to scratch her tummy.

I smiled and sat on the couch.

Jimmy sat next to me.

"So why are you here?"

"I wanted to give you this." He handed me a small piece of paper.

Confused, I took it and looked at it. There was a ten-digit number.

"What is this?"

"It's Brian's number." He shrugged.

When I didn't say anything, he explained.

"He wanted to give it to you, but I interrupted him.."

"Ah I see." I nodded in understanding.

I looked down at the numbers again. As I did, my heart fluttered.

Should I call him...?

~~~~~~~~

Here is chapter five!!

Pretty...sketchy I know, but it had to be done.

Please comment and vote!!! I will love you forever!!!