Short Story: Scared of People...

I can't believe you... After all this time, after all the pain... You look at me, like you didn't scare me. Like you didn't hurt me.

I sit at my desk, ready to share my story with you.  My painfullest memories. And what I'm about to say to you now, is most definitely going to make me cry. For I... Am a crybaby, who only wanted to fit in. All I wanted was to have actual friends.

So when you came to me, and started to complement me, I was excited... I was so happy. You looked so pretty, and just amazing. I thought we would become the best of friends... But apparently, you thought otherwise.

You hurt me...

I remember, we would spend almost everyday together.  I was so happy.  You have no idea, but I really was so.... So happy...  You were kind, and considerate. 

But then... It happened.

I lost everything. My home, my stuff, my hometown, even my own language.  And you just watched. You laughed bitterly at me. You LAUGHED at me. I had lost everything, but I never thought I would lose you...

Your brother though... He would look at me with pity.  "Why deal with it...?"

He would ask me. I used to get so mad. I still thought you were my friend then, so I tried to be the good friend and defend you.

"How can you say that?!?!  She's your SISTER!!  You should be nice to her!!  She really does care about you, yet you talk bad about her behind her back!!" I would yell.

He would look at me hurt... How I regret all my cruel words towards him. 

"Why do you hate me so much... When all I want to do, is help and protect you?"  He would then reply.

"Because... It's just simpler this way... You're not nice to... Her..."

And then I would walk away.

I always defended you... But when I needed you. Really needed you, you betrayed me.

**Flashback**

Wednesday, the 16th.

"Ow..." I whispered.  I had been at the beach for summer camp. But this girl, Jessica was her name.  And she (Jessica) had grabbed a handful of sand, and grabbed my head and shoved sand in my eyes.

So I was excused to the bathroom to wash it out.  Of course, I didn't tell everyone the truth about how I had gotten sand in my eyes. 

"Why... Why didn't you help...?"  I said to myself.  I thought I saw you... Watching... It couldn't have been her.

So as I was about to touch the door knob of the bathrooms, I heard something... Something that just tore me apart.

"Hahahaha!!  That was hilarious!!  Did you see her eyes?  She looked like the pathetic little popcorn, *//Sorry, I don't like to cuss...//* she is!!  But that wasn't enough. Let's do WORSE!  Let's drag her into a corner, and do worse." She said.

**End of flashback**

........... You don't know... How... How terrified I felt. That wasn't my childhood bullies voice...

It was yours.

After that, I ended up running away. I ran to this community building after summer camp for that day, hoping you wouldn't find me. But you did.

You found me in a corner, already starting to tear up.  And you smiled at me. You smiled so darkly, and wickedly... I couldn't help the emotion I was feeling...

I was terrified...

You grabbed me, and led me into a different room, and beat me. My own friend. But then, someone came. Guess who?  You don't remember?  Oh well, it was...

You brother.

He came, and picked me up, and carried me to the clinic. I got stitches.  He never spoke to me again, after that. I wonder why...

Anyways, that's what happened. But it didn't even stop there. You continued this routine all summer long...

And now, here I am. Back in town after three years, of living elsewhere.

Now imagine how terrified I was, when my own Brother, told me that my old friend (You), wanted to see me again.  And the worse part was, there was nobody who knew about what you did to me. And so, nobody would rescue me.

So, I hid. Don't you dare laugh.  You did this to me. I ended up hiding in my childhood friends room, under his bed. He knew I was hiding, just not from what, or who.  He tried coaxing me to come out, but I wouldn't budge. Not even now, I'm still here until my trip back here ends.

I... I just wanted you to stop. I'm scared of you. I am. And I don't want to be.  I want to see your brother again. He'll make you stop this.

But... He won't come.  So I'm hiding.  And hiding I will be, from you.

I'll always be scared of you... Scared of my friends.  And worst of all...

Scared of people.