Snowed In

*inspired by the 14 inches of snow outside my house this very moment*

When Merlin and Freya woke up, they knew something was different. First of all, instead of the usual winter coldness, it felt like they were trapped underneath an iceberg. As soon as they climbed out of bed, they immediately hugged each other to keep warm.

"Bloody Hell, it's cold this morning," Merlin chattered.

"I wonder why," Freya muttered. "It wasn't this bad yesterday."

"Well, whether we like it or not, we still have out duties to do," Merlin sighed. "Come on."

As soon as they were both dressed, Freya tried to open the door, but it wouldn't budge.

"What the-?" Freya muttered as he tried again to open the door. "The door won't open!"

"Here, let me try," Merlin offered. "Aperi ianuam!"

The door swung open to reveal nothing but white. The stood there, gazing at the 14 feet of snow in their faces.

"Well, time to go to the castle, I guess," Merlin sighed as he moved off into the snow.

Hand in hand the two of them trudged through the snow, becoming colder during every step they took. It seemed like forever when they finally made it to the castle. When they stepped inside, heat washed over them, and they breathed a sigh of relief. Hugging each other, the two rushed off to their masters' chambers.

***

As Merlin was running towards Arthur's chambers, he ran into the King himself.

"Merlin!" Arthur yelled. "You're late!"

"Sorry Arthur," Merlin apologized. "The door to my house was jammed."

"Excuses, excuses," Arthur murmured. "Now come on. We have a patrol to do."

***

"See anything, Sir Leon?" Arthur called.

"Just a bunch of snow!" Leon called back.

Arthur was about to yell again, but stopped when a snowball hit the back of his head. Angrily, he turned to see Gwaine pointing at Percival.

"So, Sir Percival," Arthur began, climbing off of his horse and forming a snowball. "You think that you can beat me in a snowball fight?"

"N-No Sire!" Percival stammered. "It wasn't-"

He was cut off with a snowball to the face. Arthur began to laugh as he formed another snowball and looked around towards the others.

"Anyone dare to take the King of Snowballs in a fight?" Arthur called, throwing the snowball up and down in his hand.

The other knights looked at each other wearily as Arthur's eyesight landed on the hunched figure of Merlin. Smirking, he threw the snowball at it hit Merlin square in the back. Merlin cried out in alarm as he fell off of his horse and into a pile of snow. Angrily, he sat up to face a laughing Arthur. Smirking, Merlin used magic to make and levitate about twenty snowballs. Arthur's face turned pale and he dropped the snowball that he was holding.

"What's wrong, Your Highness?" Merlin asked with a mocking bow. "This is how we salute the King of Snowballs!"

Arthur let out a little yelp of surprise and was soon covered in snow. When he finally wrestled his way out, he glared at a laughing Merlin.

"No fair!" Arthur yelled. "You used magic! THIS MEANS WAR!"

Soon the group was split up into two teams, and the war began, which  ended with six frozen knights, one angry king, and one cold, but happy, warlock.