The Corrupted Sorcerer

"I can guess that you are all wondering why I brought you here today," Arthur began, standing up from his seat. 

Murmurs broke out from all around the Round Table, and Arthur held up a hand to silence them.

"We've received reports that a dangerous sorcerer has been attacking the outlining villages for food, money, and weapons," Arthur continued. "Mordred. I would like you to take Morgana, Freya, and Merlin with you on a patrol there to see if you can do anything to stop the sorcerer."

"Yes, Sire," Mordred replied, standing up, Morgana following suit. 

With a nod, Mordred, Morgana, Freya, and Merlin walked out of the hall, Arthur behind them saying that the meeting was dismissed. 

***

"You do realize that while I'm gone, you're going to have to deal with George, right?" Merlin asked Arthur as Arthur helped Merlin pack up his horse. 

Arthur stopped for a moment, then groaned. "No, I forgot." He then looked at Merlin. "Maybe I could come with you."

"I don't think so, brother," Morgana said, riding up to the two friends. "This is a sorcerer we're talking about. You would be in grave danger if you came along with us."

Arthur nodded, and stuck his arm out to Merlin. Merlin grabbed it, and gave it a firm shake. 

"Good luck," Arthur said, smiling.

"You too," Merlin grinned.

"Aww, compassion!" Morgana cooed.

Arthur grumbled something before storming away back into the castle. Morgana rolled her eyes, and watched as Merlin mounted his horse. Mordred and Freya soon rode up to both of them. 

"We must get moving," Mordred said. "Who knows where the sorcerer will be by now?"

The other three nodded and took off, not noticing the shadow that lurked behind them. 

***

"Arthur says that he's been attacking the outlining villages of Tenim and Unlian," Morgana stated, observing the parchment that her brother gave her. "Reports have said that he came under the cover of night, rummaged throughout the villagers' houses gathering money and crop, and using his magic to escape."

"I've heard other reports," Freya spoke up, making everyone turn to her. "I've heard that he isn't from this Kingdom, but from Damian's Kingdom instead."

The others just nodded and they resumed their travels in silence. Just as the sun was setting, the group finally reached the village of Tenim. All of the villagers had their doors closed and their houses dark. The four of them began to worry as they continued to trot through the village. Merlin suddenly gasped, and made his horse slow down to a stop, making the others do the same. 

"What's wrong?" Freya asked worriedly. 

"I thought that I saw something," Merlin replied.

Suddenly, all four of them were thrown backwards off their horses, which then ran off, spooked. Dazed, the four of them sat up to see a man walking towards them. He wore a forest green vest, which covered a white tunic, black pants, and brown boots. He had a dark brown belt that held a sword at his side. His blonde hair was combed neatly to the side, and his light blue eyes stared at the four of them angrily. 

"Who are you and why have you come?" the man asked, raising his hand as to hurl more magic at them. 

"I am the King's sister!" Morgana declared angrily, quickly standing up. "And I demanded to know who you are and why you're here!"

The man scoffed, and folded his arms. "How nice of the King to send his sister, a knight, and two servants to deal with a sorcerer like me." He smirked. "And to answer your question, M'lady, my name is Bohr and I am just doing what I need to to survive."

"But don't you come from Damian's Kingdom?" Merlin spoke up, joining Morgana's side. "That Kingdom's been at peace since Cendred's gone."

Bohr laughed. "Fine, I guess you found me out. I'm on the run from Damian. He just doesn't get my sense of humor. You kill one family for a joke and everyone goes after you." He turned towards Morgana. "And of course I knew who you are, Lady Morgana. Everyone knows who you four are. I guess Arthur sent you to stop me."

Mordred and Freya joined Merlin and Morgana's sides and glared threateningly at Bohr. Bohr just snorted before flicking his wrist at them. Merlin held a hand up and deflected the attack, while Mordred, Morgana, and Freya all made Bohr fly backwards. His head hit a stone wall, and was knocked out. The four of them ran to Bohr's side, and Freya kneeled down beside him.

"What was his problem?" Mordred asked. 

"His magic corrupted him," Freya replied. "However, he isn't just a sorcerer. He's a warlock."

Merlin's breath caught in his throat. "B-But I thought..."

The four of them stayed silent until Morgana spoke up again. "Freya, what would happen if we took his magic away from him?"

"He would die," Freya replied.

"But if we keep him alive, he will continue to cause pain and suffering in the villages," Mordred spoke up.

They all turned to Merlin who seemed to be thinking deeply. 

"We must take away his magic," Merlin finally decided. 

"Are you really prepared to kill another one of your kind?" Morgana asked. 

"I have to," Merlin replied.

He stepped towards Bohr, and muttered a spell. White mist rose from Bohr's body, and soon he stopped breathing. Merlin sighed, and backed away from Bohr. 

"We should give him a proper burial," Freya suddenly spoke up, earning nods from everyone.

After they buried Bohr, they finally found their horses, and rode back to Camelot.

***

"Merlin, you have the face of a wounded bear," Arthur stated as Merlin helped dress him. "What's wrong."

Merlin sighed and explained to Arthur about the trip. Arthur nodded, and smiled warmly at the end. 

"I understand Merlin," Arthur said. "But don't worry. You'll feel better later."

Ruffling Merlin's hair, Arthur smiled at him, and left. Merlin smiled and left to gather Arthur's lunch.