Samhain (Halloween Special)

As Arthur stands, holding his drink up high, so does everyone else in the dining hall. He gives a grim smile to them all, before beginning to talk.

"Samhain. It is the time of year when we feel closest to the spirits of our ancestors. It is a time to remember those we have lost to celebrate their passing," Arthur begins. "To everyone we love who has passed."

"To everyone we love who has passed," the dining hall echoed. 

All of them were about to drink, when Merlin, Morgana, Mordred, and Freya suddenly collapsed. Arthur's eyes widened as he remembered what had happened last time Merlin collapsed this night. Fearfully looking around, Arthur ran towards his collapsed friends, and began shouting.

"Find a safe place!" Arthur yelled. "Start as many fires as possible! The Dorocha are coming!"

***

"Merlin. Merlin. Merlin, wake up."

Merlin groaned and held his head as he cautiously sat up on a cot. On his left side were three other cots which held Morgana, Mordred, and Freya. Merlin turned to who woke him, and Arthur was looking at him with worried eyes.

"Arthur?" Merlin asked. "What's wrong?"

"Did you see the Cailex before you collapsed?" Arthur asked, fear in his eyes. 

"N-No," Merlin replied. 

Arthur stepped back and breathed in sharply.

"Then why did the four of you collapse?" Arthur finally asked.

"I-I honestly have no idea," Merlin replied, worry in his eyes.

"Get better soon," Arthur suddenly said, turning away. "We're leaving to the Isle of the Blessed before the Dorocha come."

Arthur gave Merlin a pat on is shoulder and soon marched out of the room, Merlin watching in worry.

***

"Arthur, you know that to close the rift the Cailex requires a human sacrifice, right?" Gwen asked as Arthur began to dress.

"I don't know if the rift is even there," Arthur sighed. "Merlin told me that he did not see the Cailex like last time. He doesn't know why the four of them collapsed. But I know that I still ave to check."

"Okay, just be careful," Gwen orderd with a small smile.

"When am I not?" Arthur smirked.

Gwen gave Arthur a knowing look before he took off. Nila came to Gwen's side, and gave her a small smile.

"He will come back, don't worry," Nila reassured her.

"I know," Gwen sighed.

"I just always worry for him."

***

Arthur rushed into the room that held Merlin, Mordred, Freya, and Morgana. The four of them were sitting on their beds, finishing preparing for their journey to the Isle of the Blessed. 

"Are you all prepared?" Arthur asked. "We're leaving now."

Arthur turned to leave but Merlin grabbed his wrist.

"Arthur, none of us saw the Cailex," Merlin said. "I don't know why we fainted, but I do know that there are no Doracha."

"How can you be so sure about that?" Arthur asked.

"Because I made them faint."

All five of them turned around to see who spoke. Arthur and Merlin stiffened, Freya and Mordred looked confused, and Morgana gasped.

"Morgause," Morgana breathed.

Morgause smiled.

"Hello, sister."

***

"B-But I don't understand," Morgana stuttered, confused. "I-I killed you!"

"Yes, I know," Morgause replied, smiling. "I'm just a simple spirit. I wanted to think that someone had set loose the Doracha so Morgana could sacrifice herself to save you all. I would be able to see my sister again. But, of course Emrys had to figure out that the Dorocha weren't coming after all."

The five of them stayed silent, until Morgana snorted. 

"I might no longer be on your side anymore, Morgause," Morgana began. "But I still would never give my life for my brother."

"I feel the love," Arthur muttered. 

Morgause's smile vanished.

"But I thought that we were sisters," Morgause said.

"Yes, doesn't mean that I love you anymore," Morgana glared.

Morgause let out a shrieking cry that made the five of them cover their ears and wince in pain. She flew towards them, arms outstretched towards Morgana. Morgana held out her hands, and threw Morgause backwards. Morgause slowly dissipated into thin air. The five of them stood there, staring at the night.

"Well, we still have some time before Samhain is over," Arthur began, clearing his throat. "Let's go back into the castle to celebrate. Also, Morgana-"

"I know, I know," Morgana smirked. "I meant every word."

Arthur scoffed, and Merlin snickered. Together, the five of them walked into the castle to celebrate the end of Samhain.   

*Happy Halloween everybody! I'm sorry that this one is so short, but this month is really busy for me. Anyway, have a fun Halloween!*

-hobbitfalls