Young Justice x Reader

(Y/n) - Your name

(Y/l/n) - Your last name

~♡~ Sacrifices ~♡~

You stood there, with the rest of the team and the Justice League, watching the boom tube about to go off, destroying the world. Okay, let's pause the dramatic scene right there. There you are, worry in your eyes and a hand up to shield the wind from your face. Your hair was up in a high ponytail (if you have short hair just leave it down) and goggles were on the top of your head. Your brown leather jacket was open, showing off your tight black t-shirt. Your flexible tights were held up by a double belt and combat boots held you in place. Your most crucial piece, however, was the contraption on your wrist. From a distance, it looked like a watch but under closer observation, you can see different features. Super speed, strength, flight, and x-ray vision were just some of the many options on what you called the 'Power Watch'. You could move the arrow to which ever super power you wanted, and a serum would inject into you from the invention. Apparently, there was also no limit to how much serum the device could hold. You were known as the "Helper" and you weren't even from the DC reality. In fact, your name was (y/n) (y/l/n) and you were froum a different universe, one were superheroes and crisises like the one you were about to face happened only in comics. But a portal opened up and that's how you met the Little League of Sidekicks, a.k.a Young Justice. Somehow you also found yourself in these clothes with this contraption and your helpful knowledge of what was going to happen next (since Young Justice was one of your favorite shows and you pratically memorized the plotline) has saved many lives. But little did the others know that you were here with a mission, a mission to save an important member of the group. A mission that unfortunately didn't include Tula, or Jason. But you knew what you had to do. Let's hit the play button now. As you already knew, Flash, old Flash and Impulse were already running, trying to unravel the storm.

"They're not going fast enough," Wally muttered, "They need more speed."

And before you could stop him, he ran in.

"No! Wally!" You yelled.

"(Y/n)! You can't go in there!" Tim Drake yelled at you.

You nodded, "Not like this I can't."

You moved the arrow on the Power Watch so it said 'Super Speed'. A serum injected into you and your outfit changed. A dark blue fitting tracksuit with black lightning symbols on it and you became Lightning. You turned towards the group as Batman was saying that you'll die.

You smiled sadly, "I know. But if I don't, Wally will."

Artemis stared at you, tears filling up her eyes, "What do you mean?"

"Wally West was to die today! Sucked up by the speed force because he wasn't fast enough! But my mission was to save him! That is why I never asked to be a part of the front lines, always in the back. My name must never be known to the textbooks. But let's face it guys, Wally deserves to be here. I don't. Heck, I'm not even from this reality. Death hurts, like a lot. But if it means I change the future to one where Wally is in it, I will sacrifice myself for it. He has a family here, and people who love him. I'm not going to let him throw that all away." You announced.

At this point, they were crying. But they knew you were right. They can move on from you, but loosing Wally can destroy them.

You put on your googles and flashed the crowd a grin, "Try not to destroy the world without me okay?"

And you ran in. Your blue suit was easy to spot in contrast to the yellow, reds and white. The heroes watched helplessly as they saw your streak come up to the staggering yellow.

"(Y/n)?!?! What are you doing here?!?! You'll be killed!" Wally yelled at you.

"It's either me or you Wallman," she smiled sadly, "And I choose me."

With that, she shoved him out of the track. Artemis ran to Wally outside, and they hugged each other. You smiled, knowing you made the right choice. You caught up to the other speedsters, who were shocked to see you.

"(Y/n)? You can't be here! And where's Wally?" Barry yelled.

"He's safe. It was either me or him. You know what's going to happen." You responded.

Jay and Barry exchanged looks but Impulse looked confused. Impulse asked you what you meant.

"It means I'm going to die," you said.

There you said it. The words no one wanted to hear, but had to face. His eyes widened as lightning began hitting you. You staggered but kept running. You began to fade in and out.

"I'm going to give you my last amounts of speed, okay?" Your voice sounded distant, like an echo of the real thing.

Impulse shook his head, "No! Please! There's got to be another way!"

"There's no time. Say goodbye to the teams for me okay?" You said, a tear making its way down your face before vanishing in the wind.

They nodded hesitantly and with a smile and a wink, you gave them their needed boost to destroy the machine.

And then you disappeared.

"It's time to go home now."