Chapter Thirty Seven

2/9/18

~*~
Friday
(9:30 P.M.)

I changed quickly into my pajamas. Fluffy pants, a tank top, and a cozy flannel. As I turned to grab the flannel shirt from the counter though, I hesitated.

I usually changed facing away from the mirror. I never wanted to see the pale skin, the pale stomach, the stretch marks on my hips...

One hand rose to my stomach as I stared at the little I could see of it.

The feeling of being exposed weighed down on me. An almost tangible weight pressed against my throat.

By all accounts, I was fully dressed - but tank tops never felt right. I didn't want to see that much of myself.

Didn't want to see my scars. Not the surgery ones, not any of them.

No more.

I closed my eyes, turning away from the mirror as I took the flannel and put it on.

"Tonight is going to be fun. A sleepover. Think about today," I told myself as I slipped my arms into the sleeves.

Someone knocked on the door.

I opened it to see Aryll. "Was I taking too long? Sorry-"

Aryll quickly shook her head. "No, no, I just remembered that I should tell you how to take a shower when you want to."

"Oh," I began. I hadn't thought about that. "Thank you." I stepped aside to let her in.

"No problem," Aryll said, then pulled out a drawer. "Towels are here." She moved to the shower and slid the curtain back. "This goes up for the shower, down for the bath. Just make sure this part is inside the tub or water will get everywhere."

"Okay, got it," I replied.

"You ready for a night of fun?"

I smiled and nodded, folding up my travel bag to follow Aryll back to the room.

Paya looked like she was sleeping, but as soon as the door shut she sat up. "Those pj's are cute," she said.

No reaction from her about my face without makeup. I looked down at them. "Thanks."

"They are super cute. I love the flannel," Aryll said.

I smiled. "Me too." I put my hand on the side. "It's soft."

Aryll enthusiastically responded to that by leaning over and feeling the edge. "Oooh, it is nice."

The girl's boldness surprised me but I found that I didn't mind it.

"So, what would you like to do now?" Aryll asked as she leaned back.

"I don't know..." I replied. "Never done this before..."

"Well, since it's your first we have to make it count!"

"Aryll... quiet..."

She slouched. "Ugh, I know. Sorry." Aryll didn't stay down long, but sat on the edge of my bed and brought her knees up to her chest. "Alright, questions first then..."

Okay... I thought. How deep are we gonna go tonight?

"How old are you?"

I almost let out a sigh of relief. This is just the beginning of the night. Don't relax now. "I'm twenty."

"Oh cool, I'm eighteen. Paya's nineteen."

"Not too much of an age difference then," I replied.

"Nope, not that that would matter anyway. You got along great with Colin."