Episode 6: Riding The Wave With You Pt. 1

Gabby's POV
When Kristal shimmers is back to the manor I immediately go to my room, stressing that it's been a long day and I need some me time. As soon as I get comfortable Kristal calls me from my room, "What can she possibly want?!" I say in a disgruntled whisper.

As I finally got down the stairs, I couldn't believe it! It was Mr. Gabe he was always like a father to us! "What are you doing here?" I say giving him a hug almost about to cry.

"Well for two reasons!" As soon as Gabe finished his statement Kristal kinda squinted her face together. "What do you mean two?" Kristal asked.

"Well three when you actually think about it!" Gabe says nonchalantly like what he just said shouldn't be nothing to worry about. Me and Kristal both sit down next to each other, "Well what's the first?" I ask.

"To help get rid of the evidence in Kristal's club, it's okay I know!" He reminded me of me how he just let that calmly roll off his tongue. A moment of silence enters the room as Kristal starts to slouch over a little implying that's she's waiting for the other two reasons.

"Oh my bad! I'm your whitelighter and Gabby I'm your father!" Gabe said but whatever he said he said it so fast like he didn't want us to know. "I'm sorry, what?!" Me and Kristal say in unison.

"Yep that's right! You heard me!" Gabe said like the world just ended.

"No actually we didn't!" I reply

"Oh Uhm, Okay!" Gabe clears his throat. "I... am... go...ing...to...be...YOU GUY-SES, white...ligh...ter!" He said slowly like me and Kristal were mentally challenged. "Yeah we got that, but it sounded like you said something being somebody daddy!" Kristal said irritated and I couldn't blame her, Gabe is acting very strange and it's becoming annoying.

"Fine, you caught me!" Gabe says raising his hands up getting off the sofa. Why is it always like a broadway show when he comes to visit! He walks to the window looking out and turns his head over his shoulder, "Gabby I'm your father!" As soon as he said that my heart dropped. "Whoop that does it! All of this cause our mama was a hoe!" Kristal said as she decided to leave the room, "Your daddy issues might be worse than mine GiGi, good luck!"

I don't know why but I wasn't angry, but I wasn't happy either. The man that taught me how to swim, the man that was there for me and my sisters' birthdays, the man that was just there right next there to my grandfather, I just thought of us a uncle was my father, which means Kristal is right my situation is worse because, it was right in front of my eyes and I didn't know! "So...dad?"

Gabe cuts me off as if I were about to say something else, "Gabby no stop, you don't have to call me dad, well I wouldn't like for you to, at least not right now! Let's get to know each other first." I didn't understand I mean I didn't actually have a problem calling him what he was to me but Kristal and Grandma June always told me everything happens for a reason.

"I know what you're thinking, I don't deserve to be called dad, yes we have our bond and I was there to teach you the basic things, but I wasn't there to teach you about your gifts and what you can do with them!" He said and I couldn't help but fear the guilt in his voice, which was honestly understandable.

"Yeah it's not your fault, I'm sure there was a reason, but in due time right?" I say trying to make him feel better.

"Well time never stops!" He reaches for my hand as we both chuckle his statement. "Take my hand, I wanna take you somewhere!" I take it and at the blink of an eye he orbs us to the beach! "You can orb!" And I immediately slap my hand onto my fave for asking suck a stupid question! "Of course you can, you're my father!"

He laughs and tells me to relax. I'm so glad it was just us because I do know we can't use magic in the open, "Splash the water on me!" He orders me. "What,Why?!" I step back a little, "just do it Gabby, c'mon! You can do it!" I really didn't want to do it cause I didn't want my favorite black hoodie and my grey leggings to get wet, but of course I do it anyway.

Right before my eyes he starts growing a scales on his legs, until it turns into a full tail, oh god, I can't believe I'm part fish I think to myself.

I don't know what it was but suddenly I didn't turn into a mermaid, or even grow a few scales, the only change was my hair it became light blue and straightened to right side and my blue heart necklace turned into a blue clam

I don't know what it was but suddenly I didn't turn into a mermaid, or even grow a few scales, the only change was my hair it became light blue and straightened to right side and my blue heart necklace turned into a blue clam. "Well that's odd!" Gabe says confused. "We'll fix that along the way!"

"What do you mean fix? Is their something wrong with me?" I say alarmed. "Maybe, but then again not necessarily, it may be because you're not full mermaid, and one of your other parts may be blocking the transition or..." I hate when he does this cliffhanger thing. "Or what?!" I say frustrated. "You're just not comfortable with what you need to know, you just need to do something to earn your tail and I did it made me king!" I can't believe all this is being thrown in my face like this all at once.

One day I was just living my life as a normal human being then the next day I learn to be some magical creature. My thoughts were soon interrupted when... Gabe has an random outburst, "TRIDENT!" He called. Out of nowhere lighting starts appearing and the sky got super grey, the water was rising and it all went away when Gabe was holding the golden pitchfork thing in his hand.

"Woah!" Was all I can say. "Put your hand on your clam and repeat after me, 'I wish to go to Atlantis!'" Gabe tells me and I do just so, "I wish to go to Atlantis!" We both say in unison. Water starts to cause a big tsunami leaving us in the middle of it dry, lightning starts striking from left to right, the sky starts to grey and finally, the swirl of the water finally gets smaller as it suddenly collapse on me and Gabe! Magic is really amazing I think to myself.

I start getting scared as realizing I'm under fucking water immediately start holding my breath and panicking as I try to kick my way to the top! And I hear "Relax, you can breathe under water!" But it wasn't my voice! I look to Gabe and he was smiling, "Mermaids use telepathy to talk to each other in the open water." I hear Gabe say smiling without actually moving his mouth! He holds his trident in his left hand and my his right with my left to support my swimming seeing as if I don't have my tail (yet).

As we were swimming deeper, I couldn't help to realize how beautiful Atlantis was! This is going to be interesting.