Chapter 9: Grounded

When Blake tried around and was met with the angry gaze of her alpha mate, Ryker. Before Blake could utter a word, Ryker snatched one of her arms with his big hands and began dragging her off to the packhouse.

"Guys! Please help me!" Blake yelled at them, but they all had their heads bowed in submission. "At least, say something nice at my funeral!"

After she said that, she heard them chuckle. She would have giggled, if it weren't for the trouble she was in. Ryker walked through the front door of the packhouse with Blake still being draped over his shoulder. Walking through, the two received confused glazes, but no one spoke a word. Ryker climbed up the stared and walked into a room. Once he reached the center of the room, he placed Blake on her feet. Ryker shot Blake a look and she already knew she was in hot water now.

"What were you thinking?!" Ryker roared in Blake's face. "Do have any idea how worried I was when I couldn't find you?!"

"Last time I checked, you weren't my father!" snapped Blake.

"No, I'm not, I am your mate and Alpha!"

"Is what you keep reminding me, but when will you realize that I will never look at you in the same way as you do. This mate bullshit will never sit right with me. The sooner your kind comes to terms with that, the better it will be for us humans."

Ryker took a step back, shocked and hurt was written on his face from the words his mate spoke. He quickly masked those emotions and was now wear a blank express, unreadable to Blake.

"I thought that you would abandon this childish behavior of yours," said Ryker. "But if you're going to behave like a child, then I will treat you like one. As of now Blake, you are grounded. You are not allowed to leave the packhouse, you can only leave if I or a guard that I appoint to you is with you and if you fail to comply with these rules, you will be punished."

With that said, Blake looked at Ryker, like he grew a second head. He was taking away her freedom and forcing her into taking part in something she doesn't want. Tears were starting to leak from her eyes and Ryker saw that. He reached out a hand to wipe her tears away, but Blake stepped away. Then she reeled her hand back and gave him a punch to the jaw. Ryker stumbled but stood his ground.

"I HATE YOU!" Blake screamed, running into the bathroom and locked the door.

Ryker came up to the door but stopped himself from doing anything further. His heart felt like it was breaking, but he thought his hope will mend it. He thought that she may hate him now, but he will keep trying to make her see his feelings toward her. That this was for her own good and that he only wants to keep her safe. With that, Ryker breathed a heavy sigh walking out of the room with echoing sobs of his mate following him.

A couple of hours later and Blake finally scrapped herself off the bathroom floor. She looked at herself in the mirror and she was a hot mess. Her hair all over the place, her eyes red and puffy and her nose stuffed up from the crying. This made Blake realized something.

She asked herself what was she doing crying and acting like some girly girl. She reminded herself that she was a bad-ass, kick-butt former scout that could kick any werewolf's ass that got in her way. So she washed her face, cleaning the dried-up tears, blew her nose, and made herself looked presentable like nothing ever happened.

She was exiting the bathroom, when she saw a girl around her, sitting on her bed. She looked familiar, but Blake couldn't place it.

"Hi, I'm Kelly! Ryker's sister,"

----------------
A/N
Hey everyone, long time no write. I hope you are enjoying the new year! Writer's Block got the best of me. But I hope you guys like the new chapter. Your boi will try to get more parts out. See ya!