Chasing Him...

Chasing Him...

It's the exact opposite of what it sounds like. 

This isn't your cliche story where someone like me runs away and "becomes" beautiful as I come back with a new pack. It's not like that at all.

The exact opposite actually.

This is about me staying me even after he rejects me. I don't get this new confidence. I don't turn into this beautiful butterfly. I stay in my cocoon. 

If Mason didn't like me for me, why should I change for someone who rejected me as their soul-mate? I'm supposed to be the person that has my own flaws but he doesn't care. He is supposed to love me no matter what.

That's why I won't change.

Isn't that sad? Not for me, but for him, and his stupid little mouth that let the horrible words come out of it.

My name is Cassandra Isabel Harris. And this is my story....

~♥~♥~♥~

Cassandra or Cassie, as she likes to be called, is a shy teenager that is different. Only a few people see this; her older brother, her younger sister and her two best friends, Jackson and Malia.

With her dark brown hair and nerdy glasses, she blends in and likes it that way. The only reason she is somewhat known is because her older brother is the future Beta of the Red Water pack, and also for her best friends being popular.

I know. Weird, right?

Cassie's birthday comes around the corner, the big 17, the day she will find her mate. She is thrilled. That is, until she realizes who he is.

Her mate just so happens to be the one and the only Mason Knight, the Alpha-to-be of the Red Water pack, and also her brothers best friend.

He isn't pleased with it either.

He then rejects her. 

Cassie has her cries but then she's done. She realizes that a mate is supposed to be loved deeply and not out thrown on the curb like trash. 

But she doesn't want to be one of the girls that has to change to get her mate back, that's why she stays the same, knowing mates are real. And Mason, if it was so easy for him to reject her, why bother?