TSC2

“I am Duvessa, what can I do for you Druid?” laying her chin in her palm, as it resting on the chairs arm.

    “I am Calem, why are you here?” Folding his arms, her gaze was burning his flesh. Duvessa studied Calem, he was nothing like the soldiers she’d come to know. His body had seen nothing but hard times, scars covered most of his torso. Giving him a rich warrior feel, a man such as this was most defiantly a tough lover.

She let her eyes wander a little, before rising back to those intense blue eyes. He looked not amused with her blatant ogling, but surly he knew it was hard not to. Any sane woman would stare at such a master piece, if only he weren’t so rude. Sighing heavily she figured his temper would only hold for so long, before the man became irritated with her.

“The cavalry is passing through, headed towards a richer city. I am to be betrothed to Imperial Legate.” Calem heard her annoyance in the word betrothed, and wondered why she didn’t just burn them all.

    “That does not answer why ye are here,” Deepening his frown. Duvessa huffed pushing a lock out of her face, dropping her hand to the length of the arm.

    “Because they seek out the Druid who has controlled these forests.” Waving her finger around, watching his reaction.

    “So ye are here to kill me?” His fingers twitched ready to stick first, the slightest move from her and he’d remove that pretty neck.

    “I am not here to do anything, but I can see where you might think so.” Duvessa rose slowly making her way to him, Calem’s eyes thinned not liking her so close. She smelled of dark power, the strong odor was like a thousand full bloom roses. The closer she got the stronger it became, growling a little as her fingers traced the bulging forearm to his right. They rolled with his curvature, tracing over scars from past battles.

Carefully Duvessa moved around his back, dragging her perfect nails lightly over taught shoulder blades. The man was a marvel, the scars adding to his demeanor of substance. Calem felt her move a little closer blowing hot breath on his ear, it sent a delightful shiver down his right side. Turning his head a little her lips mere inches from his, those piercing earth shattering eyes batted silk black butterfly lashes.

    “You are nothing short of all man,” She purred, the smooth of her words caressing his deep rooted fear. A woman such as this was born with a silver tongue, bending men to her every desire. Slowly his hands unfolded allowing her fingers to journey further down, soft pads of her tips rippled over the vast set of rock abs. He liked the feel of her touch, softer than any fur he’d ever laid on. Calem’s mind wandered to a place less safe, dreaming of her under him as he caressed himself between her no doubt creamy soft thighs. 

Duvessa was under contract, she had a duty to fulfill. However she felt a spark for the Druid, a deep rooted one even she couldn’t push away. Calem wasn’t like the others she’d destroyed, his power was vast, but not what she was looking at. No the man had a kind heart, one that was buried under piles of dark earth. Had he been anyone else and she might have just ignored the pang in her heart, but now with his smell filling her tent Duvessa couldn’t resist.

Brushing her breasts across the heated chest, she felt like her clothes would burst into flames at any moment. One hand on his chest slowly bringing it back to his neck, just one taste is all she would need. His eyes darkened as her lips drew closer, Duvessa watched as he licked them moist. Capturing him she moved in a slow steady motion, allowing him to dominate had he so desired to. Calem took over grabbing the back of her head, tangling his thick fingers in the deep curls.

Her sweet taste filled his mouth like warm honey, gripping the lower part of her back Calem squeezed. His gift was a light moan, its vibrations still danced on the tip of his tongue. Feeling light headed Calem broke their kiss, sucking in a good proton of air. Filling his lungs with the sweet stench of her incense, it now consumed him suffocating. Eyes wide Calem looked down at his hands, they began to shake.

    “What have ye done?” Growling at her. Duvessa lowered her gaze, she’d done the only thing she could think to save him.

    “I have taken your power,” She whispered. Calem grabbed her, shaking heavily.

    “Return it to me,” Snarling, feeling this weak was fighting to him. Without his power her was just a simple man, anyone could dispose of him freely now.

    “Forgive me, I did it to protect you,” Pulling out of his hold, which seemed no greater than an average mans. Duvessa sat down her head spinning with his power, it clashed with her own. Slowly it would claim her life, powers such as these should not be mixed.

    “Protect me? Ye have made me mortal,” Flinging his hand, eye digging into her.

    “Calem, the Romans will not stop till they’ve killed your kind. Without your powers you’re just a man to them, no threat.”

    “I can kill them, give me my powers back woman.” Taking a step to her.

    “No, I cannot.”

    “You mean you won’t,” His teeth barred, shaking heavily. Her eyes held sadness he couldn’t explain, but that wasn’t his problem.

    “Your powers will be returned, but not until the war is over.” Calem’s nose flared taking in more of the gods’ awful smell.

    “When will that be?” Lip twitching to kill, to rip apart her very soul. Duvessa sighed clutching her heart, while her other hand gripped the chair arm.

“I cannot foresee the future Calem, you need to find another of my blood. Only then will you be able to get your power back, they will hold the key to unlock it.” All of her mumbling was giving him a headache, human pain was so very annoying to Calem. He’d never once had a headache, never once gotten sick or felt pain like this. Dragging a hand through his hair Calem growled out, he’d fallen for her trap, the very thing he swore not to do.

    “I will kill ye for this,” Pointing a finger at her heart, Duvessa nodded. She’d known this man was not a forgiving kind, his hardened heart was what drew her in.

    “You’ve already succeeded,” tightening her hold on her heart, Calem frowned, what she was babbling about now. His look gave to his question, as Duvessa answered his unspoken mind.

    “Powers such as ours cannot be mixed, not without conciseness.” She cringed letting a tear slip, the mere drop hit the carpet burning it instantly. Taking a causes step to her Calem watched as the beauty sucked in a deep breath, his power was fighting with hers.

    “Release me power, it will stop,” He commanded. Her head shook, tossing the tendrils.

    “I don’t know how” Lifting her head to his, the once strong woman who had seduced him into kissing her lush lips, was no more. In her place was a scared woman who was being eaten from the inside out, her eyes lightened almost too white.

    “Duvessa?” She blinked at her name, spilling out of his lips.

    “Leave Calem, my betrothed comes. He’ll slit you, if he catches you in here.” Duvessa’s eyes fled to the front entrance, begging him to leave her. Calem stood fast, he wouldn’t leave her, not without his powers.

    “Calem, don’t be foolish. You are no match for an Imperial Legate, without your powers you are but a man. Leave at once,” Flicking her wrist to the door, Calem frowned shaking his head no.

“I want me power back, then I shall withdraw.”

    “Calem, how many ways must I tell you. I don’t know how, you have to find…” She cringed once more. “Find my next heir, only then will it be lifted. Your line to the earth is still in-tacked, so you will live like you would have.” Her hand disappeared into a deep pocket Calem didn’t know about, bringing out a gold chain with a small rock dangling off of it she outstretched her hand to him.

The Strangers Codexजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें