Chapter Fourteen

When Janie returned she looked visibly upset.

“They're sending someone around” She whispered as she placed the phone down on the coffee table

“What's the matter, they've said something to you haven't they?”

“I'm sure It's nothing”

“Janie!” I almost yelled, now was not the time to keep information from me.

“There was an accident yesterday at 1.15pm. In the direction Nick would have been going. Thats all they said. I'm sorry.”

I nodded, Suddenly I regretted wanting to know anything. Because as I was attempting to take what Janie had just said in, but it wasn't absorbing. I didn't want to accept that Nick was missing, let alone that he could be Gone

The cops arrived, and confirmed that there had been an accident yesterday afternoon with one fatality. However as soon as they realised who I was, and who Nick was they confirmed that the deceased was definitely not Nick. I sighed with relief, there was still a chance he was fine.

I couldn't speak, even though I wanted too. Janie did most of the talking, Marc mentioned the email however and I just sat there like I was no one.

The cops left at some point, I wasn't paying much attention. Janie was on the phone speaking to people, and Marc was on my laptop. Everything around me was moving fast, even though nothing was happening at all, but it seemed so fast I couldn't keep up. Now I was frozen in time. Frozen waiting for my love to come back to me and part of me knew it would stay this way until I found him.

“Sarah” Janie whispered, as she sat down beside me. Her hands covered mine, I could feel her warmth, it did little to comfort me though, I needed Nick's warmth.

“Sarah, I've called the company in the UK. They're going to have the CEO start early, it's not ideal but they need someone there.” Janie said, as calmly as she could. I shrugged, it was the last thing on my mind.

“Also, I've contacted Andrea, Alex, your Mother, Dj and your guys publicist.”

I looked at Janie and shook my head

“Our publicist? Why?”

“To make a statement, once the police give the okay of course. We need to get the word out there”

I nodded, it seemed logical enough.

I looked down at my hands and lifted them away from Janie's. My rings sat on my finger, a visual reminder of Nick. I wrapped my right hand around my ring finger on my left hand and stood up. I walked over to the breakfast bar and let out a loud yell. My legs gave out and I collapsed on to the ground. I cried so hard that I began to dry wretch again. I was so distraught that Janie had Marc lift me up and carry me to the bedroom.

I curled up in a ball on Nick's side of the bed, praying for sleep to take me. Praying that if I went to sleep I'd wake up and he'd be back. Unfortunately my emotions were to raw to relax.