Twenty

After Clint and Steve had watched us for a bit, they went back inside and left Lucky and I outside.

I was confused, Steve never left me outside without he or someone else being outside...

Lucky ran up to me and did that weird pose again, "My name's Lucky, do you want to play?"

I glanced at the door before hesitantly barking out a 'sure'.

Lucky jumped up and touched me with his nose, "You're it!" he barked and took off.

There was no way I would let this dog outrun me.

I growled before making chase. 'He was easy to catch' I thought as I bowled him over.

He gave a startled yelp as he rolled.

Steve must've been watching from the window, because he chose that moment to walk outside, "Bullet! Be nice!" he scolded.

I flattened my ears.

Clint walked outside, "They're just playing Steve, Bullet hasn't seen another dog in a while. She'll figure it out," Clint assured him while leading him back inside.

Lucky jumped back onto his paws, "You're so fast! How are you so fast?"

I sat down, "I was in the military," I told him.

He seemed easily impressed. "My human is in the military! I think..."

I yawned, "My humans were in the military. My new humans were in the military too, but now they're in the Avengers with your human," I told him before getting up and stretching.

Lucky watched as I stood up and started walking back over to the base, Steve always had a water bowl for me outside when we played. It was still there.

I lapped at the water for a few moments before Lucky ran over.

As soon as I stepped away from the bowl, Lucky started drinking from it. Very messily. He sloshed water everywhere.

I know it was a little cold outside, but was he really that thirsty?

I sighed again and padded over to one of the willow trees Stark had planted in the yard and laid beneath it.

Lucky followed me after I'd laid down, water dripping from his muzzle.

I lay my head down and fell asleep not long after Lucky laid down.