Eight

Everyone's attention was on this guy, "Director," Steve said with a nod.

'Director's eye scanned over the table. "Thank you for finding the Avengers." He said as he acknowledged Jordan, who nodded.

"It was no problem sir,".

The Director nodded his head again, "You may leave, your CO wanted to talk to you when you got back,".

Jordan stood, Jacob, and Anthony followed suit.

"Your other guy, Dustin, he's in the medbay. He'll probably be fine in a couple weeks. It was just a through and through to the side. Nothing viral hit," another guy said.

He was following Director around.

I hopped off the chair as we all headed out of the room.

The guy who updated us on Dustin followed us, "Your CO said you can talk to Dustin before you see him,".

Jordan nodded, "Just point us in the direction and we'll find him,".

The man lead us down a series of hallways before a wall with the word, 'INFIRMARY' in big, bold letters was in front of us.

"He should be in room 304, it should be down this hall," he informed, pointing to the hall on the right.

So that's the hall Jordan and I headed down.

Jacob and Anthony went to go see what our CO wanted, so I lead the two of us, as always.

It didn't take five minutes for me to find Dustin's room.

I barked as I limped into the room, my shoulder ached.

"Hey Dustin, how you feeling?" Jordan asked as he sat in one of the guest chairs.

I laid down on the floor by his feet.

Dustin's torso was wrapped in gauze, "I'm fine, I'll be back with you guys when it's healed,".

Jordan nodded, "You aren't going home?"

Dustin chuckled, "Nah, who else is gonna keep your dumb asses in line?"

Jordan laughed, "If I recall correctly, that's my job,".

Dustin smiled and sat up slightly, "Mmm, nah. You just handle Bullet," Dustin told him.

Jordan looked down at me, "Speaking of Bullet, I think she should stay here with you until your both healed. She took a hit too, through and through to the shoulder,".

Dustin looked down at me with a frown. "She can stay with me, but don't get your sorry asses blown up without her," Dustin ordered him.

I laid my head on my paws and decided to take a nap.

It seemed like I'd be doing that a lot until my shoulder was healed.