f o u r t e e n

This is a very eventful chapter you guys!! Hope you enjoy:))

Anakin was shocked by my sudden movement at first but he quickly kissed back

He placed both hands at my waist, pulling me towards him so our bodies were flush.

His warmth rolled over me and I kissed him harder, putting my hands on his chest, slightly grabbing his robes.

I could feel him smiling into the kiss as he rubbed circles into my waist.

"Anakin" I broke away breathless, the cold air stinging my swollen lips.

Regret filled me as my body yearned for Anakin's warmth and comfort.

A look of concern graced his beautiful features.

"What's wrong Verena? Did I do something?" He asked, clearly confused and hurt by my sudden action.

I simply smiled at him, "I'm perfectly fine Anakin" the look of concern morphed into a slight smile, "I just think that we should talk about everything." I explained as I moved my hands to his biceps.

"Oh ok, yea, that's probably a good idea." Anakin laughed, relieved I didn't chastise him or storm off.

I smiled again and kissed him one last time before grabbing his hand and leading him inside.

I found a spot on the couch and sat down, finding a pillow and hugging it to my front.

Anakin joined me, sitting to my left and turning to face me.

"Well this is all you hun, I already confessed my undying love for you." Anakin said, smirking at me.

I pursed my lips and then rolled my eyes in a sarcastic manner.

I sighed before speaking, "Ok well, I'm not very good at this whole romance thing and I can't speak verbal poetry like you can, but I'll try my best." I began, "all I know is that I've never felt this way towards anyone and I think in the beginning, it scared me because it was new and different and I don't like change. So in order to cope, I pushed you away and came up with lame excuses as to why we could never be together, but they never really had any substance to them" I looked to him, he didn't have a reaction, so I continued, "But I believed them anyway because I was trying so hard to convince myself that you and I could never exist together. But tonight, when you confessed your feelings for me, it kind of started a chain reaction and I realized that I wasn't afraid of any potential consequences or hardships, I was afraid of love." I finished.

Anakin nodded, "Well at least you never hated me." He smirked.

I laughed at his reaction and shook my head slightly.

He simply smiled and took my hand in his.

"It's getting late Verena, I think we should head to bed."