17 | SWAN SONG

—————————
CH. 17
—————————

The worst part of it all was not dying, that part was easy.  Knowing that you were leaving everyone behind to pick up the pieces was the worst part of it all.  Oliver lost focus on Arrow business for a bit leaving Diggle to carry the mantle for a while.  For the first time since he survived Lian Yu and everything that came with it, he was finally being selfish for his own happiness.  Having money clearly came with its luxuries as Oliver was taking you to do things you could only dream of.  Flying any and everywhere the two of you felt like at that moment.  During this bliss is where you felt most alive. That only lasted about three weeks as all the traveling was having a negative impact on your health.  So two of you decided on checking off everything on the list of things you would not be able to do as a couple.   That included court house wedding, buying a house with the cliche white picket fence, joint bank accounts, a family van in which Oliver hated, and even meeting the neighbors.  Everything felt right but the darkest hour would come to pass faster than any of you could have expected.

"Okay which are you feeling for breakfast I kinda want to make eggs and toast or I could make pancakes and sausage and of course coffee comes with either," You said, laughing at your own little waitress sounding words.  Oliver rolled his eyes at your lame sense of humor.

"Let's do pancakes and sausage I'll come to help you I just need to grab a shirt since you apparently don't believe in wearing your own," He said you were wearing his shirt which covered to about mid-thigh, underwear, and socks.

"Whatever you know that you love when I take your clothes," You said, walking out of the room back down the stairs to the kitchen.  As Oliver was putting on another shirt after he was done grabbing his phone he saw you had left yours.

"Do you want me to bring your phone down?" Oliver yelled down to you and he could hear you moving around.

"Yes please!" You yelled, grabbing your phone walking down the stairs to you everything was great until it wasn't.  The sound of pots hitting the floor and a loud thud could be heard from the kitchen.  Running in Oliver found you on the floor the bowl with the pancake batter was splattered everywhere and the cooking pan was next to you on the floor.

"(Y/n)!" Oliver yelled, rolling you over there was batter on your face and your nose was bleeding.  Placing his fingers on your pulse he was more than relieved to feel your heartbeat and then he checked your breathing; everything looked good but you were still unconscious. Lifting you up ignoring all the gunk all over the two of you he rushed out to the van which he hated but felt like his saving grace at the moment.  Rushing to the hospital you and Oliver were immediately separated.  Which was a good thing as it gave him time to call everyone.

A few hours passed before you woke up, but you were lucky that you had. At your bedside were both Jane and Elaine, they looked sad but you just smiled.  Jane frowned and Elaine ignored it but you knew exactly where her head was at.  This is how it was when your mother passed, both you and Elaine were at her bedside and your dad had been talking to the doctors.

"Geez, a smile never killed anyone sis," You joked but it did nothing as both of them flinched as the words killed left your lips.

"You don't get to joke when you didn't tell your best friend since forever that you were dying. What the hell (Y/n)?" Jane choked out, her eyes red and puffy as she had only learned about everything when she arrived at the hospital. Much like you expected it was way too much for her to process all at once.