15 | SIGNED, SEALED, DELIVERED

—————————
CH. 15
—————————

"Jane why do you keep doing this," You sighed not wanting to talk about it she hadn't brought it up the first day first arrived. As weeks past though it seemed she would snake Oliver's name into every conversation somehow.

"At least call the guy he knows you're hiding out at my place," Jane said not understanding what he had done to deserve how you were treating him.

"I'm ignoring him for his sake. I can't keep accepting everything he's doing for me when it's all in vain," You said as you threw on a hat and slipped your jacket you grabbed the spare set of keys. "I'm running to the store want me to grab anything in particular?"

"No but we're not done talking about this," Jane said you just rolled your eyes heading out the front door. It had been nearly month since you packed up with what you had brought there and just left without warning.  The only two words you had said to Oliver was in text and it read 'I'm sorry'. Almost to the store you stopped as your phone began ringing, looking at the screen it was Oliver and you sighed. What you didn't know was that he was watching you as he called.

Going into the store you pulled your hat down a little bit despite nothing happening lately you still keep a low profile

Going into the store you pulled your hat down a little bit despite nothing happening lately you still keep a low profile. Looking at your list you had grabbed the milk you needed bread and that was the necessities. Starting to look for the other things on your list you began aimlessly walking around the store.

"(Y/n)," You froze at the sound of his voice sliding your hat off your head you looked up at him

"(Y/n)," You froze at the sound of his voice sliding your hat off your head you looked up at him. Finally facing him you knew you took the cowards way out but you just couldn't bare the thought of hurting him. He walked over to you cautiously seemingly afraid to scare you off as you just stared at him.

"I'm sorry," Oliver said and you looked at him confused as you had abandoned him yet he was apologizing.

"You don't have anything to be sorry about I'm sorry but it's better this way," You said trying to walk past him but he just followed you without word. Even as you paid for your stuff to others you looked like a couple who was clearly angry with each other shopping. People were staring though no one wakes up expecting to see the mayor in a local grocery store. Walking out as you both walked a bit getting more secluded you stopped. "Please stop Oliver. Your secret is safe with me I promise, am I safe or not?"

"Slade Wilson," Oliver said and you furrowed your eyebrows unsure of who he was talking about.

"Who?"

"Someone from my past who's angry with me, he was the one trying to kill you. You're safe now though I have handled it," Oliver explained and you felt a wave of relief wash over you.

"That's good. I'll be out of Jane's apartment soon I'm looking at places," You said softly trying to keep the conversation light but the two of you were walking on eggshells.

"Go back to the one we were using as a safe house for you. Seriously you can have it," Oliver says and you immediately started shaking your head.

"I can't accept that Oliver and you know that," You said and he sighed knowing you were right.

"Just tell me did something happen on the date that I missed. I had a really good time and I thought you did too," Oliver said and you chuckled a bit getting a little choked up and his misinterpretation.

"I had a great time on our date but I don't deserve you Oliver Queen and you don't deserve all the problems I'd bring into your life on top of your own. Just forget about me Ollie," You said and he just stared at you not understanding why you were pushing him away.

"I know what you're doing. Before I opened up to teammates I was doing the same thing just let me in," Oliver begged but you shook your head mumbling apologizes as you left him there in the road. Getting back to back Jane's apartment as you were putting things away you knew Jane had told Oliver where you were going. In your purse was a paper that wasn't there before and a key. Opening the paper there was the deed to the apartment your signature which you knew was definitely forged. Before you could react your phone was ringing.

"Yes Elaine?" You said mentally exhausted from everyone then there was a knock at the door.

"Open the door," She said and you rolled your eyes as you walked over and opened the door. Elaine smiled holding a bottle of rum with a pouting face of innocence.

"What's the catch?" You asked with a suspicious look and Elaine chuckled walking in grabbing two shot glasses.

"Okay we drink but we gotta talk about Oliver. Why are you pushing him away?" Elaine asked downing a shot and handing you one. Throwing the shot back you coughed a bit.

"You know why Elaine. He's lost so many people, he deserves someone who's gonna be long term and that's not me E," You said and Elaine's face washed over with sadness then she took another shot and handed you one. Throwing it back Elaine began setting up the next shots.

"Well on that note lets get fucking plastered."