12 | SISTER SISTER

—————————
CH. 12
—————————

Waking up to the sunlight beaming in from the window you squeezed your eyes shut as the light stung your eyes. Wiping your face looking around recalling the previous events from the day before you smiled as you undoubtedly missed your sister. The two of you had sat up for hours just talking about each others lives as Elaine always seemed to be quite busy in Central City.

Getting up wandering into what you deduced to be the fanciest bathroom you had ever been in you smiled to yourself silent thanking Oliver. Brushing your teeth and washing you face you brushed your hair before staring in the mirror for a moment. As you stared looking at your face you knew you always looked like your mom as Elaine looked like your dad. Bringing your hand up to your face you ran your fingers through your hair.

"Hey sis come here!" You heard Elaine yell and you chuckled as she always had impeccable timing. Walking out of the bathroom through the bedroom as soon as you hit the hall you could smell it. Elaine had cooked.

"You did not have to do this," You said as you walked into the kitchen to see she had made your favorite pancakes as well as some sausage and eggs.

"Oh I definitely did," She said taking a see on the counter eating from her plate and as you sat on a stool facing her you eyed her suspiciously.

"Oh really and why is that?" You asked narrowing your eyes and she chuckled gesturing around the room.

"What the hell is going on with you and super sexy Mayor Queen?" Elaine asked causing you to begin coughing as you were swallowing your food.

"Woah why does there have to be something between us. Oliver and I are just friends," You explained staring at nothing for moment and then continuing your food.

"Oh no sweet heart friends just let other friends crash on there couch in time of need. Oliver gave you an entire lavish apartment and you mean to tell me you didn't sleep with him?" Elaine asked as she was clearly convinced by her own theories.

"Nope," You said cockily and it was now her turn to narrow her eyes at you.

"A date?" Elaine asked and you shook your head chuckling as you knew she was way off. "I don't care what you say no one. I mean no one goes this above and beyond for a friend they made a couple of months ago I call bullshit. On that note I've come to a final conclusion."

"That is..?" You asked smiling at her foolishness but that smug look would quickly fall off of your face.

"It's completely obvious he likes you I mean even a blind man could see that," Elaine said and you shook your head rolling your eyes.

"You're intolerable sometimes you know that?" You asked walking around the counter beginning to wash dishes

"You know you're only dismissing my words because you know I'm right," Elaine said and it was almost like you were kids again as you were cleaning the dishes and she was drying and putting them away.

"Look nothing is going between Oliver and I okay so drop it please," You said it was now Elaine's turn to roll her eyes at you.

"Fine I'll stop," Elaine said.

"Why aren't you asking normal questions like why the hell is someone trying to kill me?" You asked and Elaine chuckled shaking her head.

"Well I just assumed you don't know who or why someone is trying to kill you which is why you're in hiding. Am I right?" Elaine asked with a smug look on her face and you scoffed before nodding. Then she waved the wooden box in front of you which you didn't realize wasn't still in your bag. "I see you still have mom's box."

"Don't touch my stuff," You said snatching it from her and she sighed shaking her head.

"It's locked it's not like I know the combination mom never told me and she left it to you with the combination," Elaine said and you narrowed your eyes at her shaking your head.

"That's not the point Elaine the point is stop snooping through my stuff because we both know if it wasn't locked you would have went through it," You said and Elaine rolled her eyes as it was clear the sisterly was quickly becoming bad as tension was rising.

"All this stubborness broke up our family," Elaine said.

"You and I both know it was only our fathers stubbornness that broke up our family," You said Elaine sighed knowing exactly what was in the box.

"Why won't you just get th—" Elaine began.

"I'm not doing it so stop," You said storming off to your room closing the door. Leaning against it you opened the box and the first thing that came to light was the family picture when you were about eight years old. You were sitting on your dad's lap as Elaine sat on your mothers lap and the four of you looked very happy. Putting it away you just sat there for a while not reminiscing but in silence. The sound of tapping on your door broke you out of your trance as you looked over and didn't say a word but stared at the door waiting.

"I'm sorry okay. I know you hate when I push at that subject but I can't help it I'm your little sister I'm always gonna push you. So when I do feel free to push back ya know?" Elaine said chucking and you smiled as she always attempted to lighten the mood when she apologized for things. "I'm a big girl I can take it but I can never take it when my big sister doesn't want to speak to me."

"I'll always want to talk to you E what are you talking about," You finally said and she came in with a clear apologetic look on her face. Pulling her into a hug you smiled as the two of you stayed like that. "It's okay E but when it comes to that I really don't want to talk about it."

"Alright but I need to ask you this. Does Oliver know?" She asked and you looked at her confused as you pulled away from the embrace.

"Why would I tell him?"

"Maybe because there is a very likely chance he's falling in love with you."