14 | ATTEMPTED MURDERER

—————————
CH. 14
—————————

Waking up you rubbed your eyes unsure of what had suddenly awoken you. It felt like a little wave of nausea that passed quickly. Sitting up you sighed softly wanting water you slowly got out of bed walking out of the room.

"Oh geez Oliver!" You shrieked placing a hand on your chest breathing out Oliver chuckled as he looked up from his phone.

"Sorry just wanted to check in but didn't realize what time it was until I got here so I just thought I'd wait until you woke up," Oliver said and you nodded but then tilted your head in confusion.

"Wait how'd you get in?" You asked.

"Well it's pretty easy when someone never seems to lock her window," Oliver said with a scolding tone causing you to smile. "How's everything with your job?"

"I explained everything I could leading with my house got shot up and someone is trying to kill me. At first they were a little up in the air but they're putting me in as a leave of absence," You explained and for a second silence fell over the two of you and then you just smiled.

"What?"

"How's my attempted murderer?" You asked and Oliver couldn't contain the grin on his face as he laughed.

"Only you could ask that with a big smile on your face," He said and you shrugged walking around the counter grabbing a glass of water. "My team and I are getting a handle on the situation."

"That's good I could really use some more good news soon," You said and Oliver walked around the counter stepping closer toward him a bit you leaned your head on the wall.

"Well there is this diner that I absolutely love. It's really low key and it'll get you out of this apartment for a little bit if you want," Oliver said as a smile rose on your face he chuckled a bit looking away from you, not being able to hold his gaze with yours.

 It's really low key and it'll get you out of this apartment for a little bit if you want," Oliver said as a smile rose on your face he chuckled a bit looking away from you, not being able to hold his gaze with yours

"Oliver Queen are you asking me on a date?" You asked teasingly with a big infectious smile on your face and Oliver mirrored that smile.

"Yeah I am if you would be okay with that," He said softly it was clear he was nervous it made your stomach turn at the impact you had on him. A man who faces and have faced the worst of them all nervous to ask you on a date.

"I would love to go on a date with you," You said softly and just like that the nervous persona seemed to drain from his face and an excited one took over.