Chapter Twenty - Two

I hope you all like this chapter..........I LOVE it!!!   Enjoy!!!!!!

S xo

Chapter Twenty-Two

James’ POV

I’m taking Sophia to her doctor’s appointment today to see my Dad.   I’ve actually been wanting to ask to take her for the longest time but I know how the Connelly’s are and they are either wanting to take her themselves or one of the brothers take her.  Since Mr. C and Nick had a business meeting that neither one could get out of, Tyler and Mrs. C were both working, instead of switching her appointment, it was perfect opportunity for me to finally ask.

I was surprised that they both agreed almost immediately and both were very grateful for me offering to take her.   They knew that if she were to cancel and reschedule, it would take awhile for her to get back in to see my Dad.  

“You sure you’re okay with me taking you?” I asked Sophia again as I pulled into a parking spot at the building where my Dad has his office.   I’ve been here before, not often though, but I knew where his office was.

“Of course,” she said smiling back at me and opening her door.   I ran around quickly to help her out and I held her hand as we walked up to the front doors.

“I need to go to x-ray first James,” she asked me stopping just inside the building.   “It should be on the left hand side.”

“I see it,” I told her walk over with her to receptionist.  “Do you have to give them anything?” I asked her.

“No,” she smiled.  “They know who I am.”

As we stood there waiting for someone to come, I started to get really nervous.   I knew she did this every two months, I knew that there was something lodged in her head that couldn’t be removed, I knew of all the medication she took, but it was just hitting me harder right now.   I started to take some deep breaths, I wouldn’t fall apart on her right now.  But being here with her was making me very emotional because it was much more of a reality.

“Hey Sophia,” a nurse said as she walked around the corner.  “Has it been two months already?”

“Yah, it has Louise,” she replied.  “The time goes by fast.”

I watched as this nurse Louise came around the corner and took Sophia’s hand.   “Come on in honey,” she said to her.   She looked up over at me now and smiled.  I smiled back.  She seemed very nice, I felt better knowing that Sophia was in good hands.   “Your boyfriend?” I heard Louise say to Sophia.

“Yah,” Sophia responded looking back over at me.  “Dr. Anderson’s son James.”

“Oh,” Louise said looking over at me.  She leaned in low to whisper to Sophia...”Not bad honey, he’s kind of cute.”

I blushed now, I’m guessing I wasn’t supposed to hear that but she didn’t exactly say it that low.  

“Ha..ha...I’ve been told Louise that he’s cute but don’t tell him that, it’ll go straight to his head,” Sophia told her laughing.  Louise laughed now too.

“I heard that,” I said out louder so that she could hear.  Louise was walking her to the x-ray room so I went and had a seat in the waiting room.

She didn’t take long, not even ten minutes and before we knew it, we were already walking into my Dad’s office.  I knew his receptionist, Allison was her name.  It’s been awhile since I’ve seen her though so I’m not sure she would have remembered me.