Chapter Eighteen

Happy Friday to you all!!   Enjoy..............comment and please VOTE!!!!

Many thanks to all of you who are supporting my story, it means a lot to me!!!! 

S  xo

Chapter Eighteen

James’ POV

I’m nervous again and I don’t know why I am because I’ve been to the Connelly home many times.  Tonight was different though, tonight was Sunday and Sunday night is family dinner night and no one missed it.  Tyler only worked dayshifts on Sunday’s, Mrs. Connelly never took a Sunday shift, even Claudia always came.   Matt, he’s been here now for at least a month having dinner with them and he seems pretty content about going.

I stopped off and bought some flowers for Mrs. Connelly.    My Mom always told me that it was polite to bring something for your host and hostess when you are invited for dinner.  So for my first time going, I thought bringing some flowers would be good.  Not like I could bring wine or something.

Nick answered the door.   “Awe James,” he cooed when he saw the flowers in my hands.  “Sophia will love those.”   I froze when he said that, was I supposed to bring flowers for my girlfriend too?   Now I don’t know if I should say they are for Sophia or still give them to Mrs. Connelly?    Crap......why didn’t I think and I should have bought two bouquets?   Nope, I’m going to stick with my gut and give them to Mrs. C.

“Actually, I brought these for your Mom,” I told Nick as I stepped inside the foyer.  

Nick grinned at me now taking my jacket and hanging it in the hall closet.  “You are a suck, you know that?” he teased me.

“Whatever?” I said casually back to him as I shrugged my shoulders.   “I’m being polite.”

“You should have seen my Mom yesterday after you left,” Nick started to tell me.  “Sophia told Mom that you were coming for dinner and Mom flipped right out.”   He was laughing now telling.   “She was going crazy what she was going to cook for your first dinner here.   She grabbed her car keys and ran to the grocery store.”

I didn’t know how to react to that but I’m sure that I was blushing.  It was nice to hear Nick tell me that, made me feel even more welcome.   “She didn’t have to go to all the trouble,” I said to him.

“Ha....,” he laughed again and then started mimicking his Mother by putting his hands on his face and talking in a girly voice.  “Oh....my baby has a boyfriend, my Sophia is growing up.”   Nick doubled over laughing now.

“Oh my god, she didn’t?” I said feeling very embarrassed now for Sophia.

“Oh yah, she did,” Nick said as we started walking towards the kitchen.

I paused before I entered the kitchen and everyone seemed to be there already.    Matt was chatting with Tyler and Mr. C, Claudia and Isobel were setting the table.   Sophia was leaning on the island talking with her Mother, who was at the oven pulling something out.

“Last...but not least,” Nick announced as he walked in and went straight over to Claudia and helped her finish setting the table.

“James,” Mrs. Connelly beamed at me.  “Oh...the flowers are beautiful, Sophia will love them.”

“Uh......they are for you Mrs. C,” I told her stepping closer and handing them to her.   A movement out of the corner of my eye caught my attention, it was Tyler holding up his hand giving me the thumbs up.   I could see Matt and he went kind of red....hmmm...probably never thought of bringing flowers himself.   Mr. Connelly had an amused look on his face.    Claudia, Isobel and Sophia were all smiling at me.   Nick...of course was smirking.