Chapter Seventeen

Next chapter.............here you go...enjoy!!!    xo

Chapter Seventeen

James’ POV

I had never seen anyone so evil before in my life.   She was laughing, actually laughing about Sophia being left alone in the middle of nowhere.   Her friends didn’t look too pleased, actually some of the girls around her started to walk away from her shaking their heads.  

I handed my phone off to Jenna and asked her to continue talking to Sophia, to try and calm her down. 

Right now...I needed to deal with Carly.  

“What’s the matter James?  Lose your girlfriend,” Carly snarled at me.

“You stupid b*tch!”I shouted at her as I lunged.   I was pulled back by Andy and Zach before I could get my hands around her scrawny neck.  “Let go, one punch......just one punch!” I was shouting at the top of my lungs.   Watching her stand there with her hands on her hips, smirking at me was enough to send me over the deep end and want to hit a girl.

All of a sudden a guy walked into the room, a guy that I remember seeing earlier on but I knew he didn’t go to our school.    “Here’s your fifty bucks Carly.   I want no part in this, that girl was crying too much,” this guy that I now assumed was Kyle said to Carly tossing a fifty dollar bill at her feet.   She paid someone to take Sophia out of the house and leave her alone somewhere.

“You weren’t supposed to come back!” Carly shrieked at him with her eyes wide open when she saw him walk in.   Looks like he just revealed her sick scheme in front of everyone there.

When I lunged for him, Zach and Andy released my arms.   There was no way they were going to let me hit a girl, but this guy.....this asshole, he was fair game.  “You f*cking asshole,” I yelled as I reached for Kyle and slammed him up against the wall.   I had my arm across his throat, I was choking him....I was in such a rage, I would have killed him if Andy didn’t come to stand beside me and pulled back my arm.

“Where is she?” I shouted at him.  I shoved my arm across his throat again even harder as I watched him gasp for breath.  “Where the f*ck is she?”

“D-d-down the block,” I heard him gasp out.  “She’s f-fine, just a bit u-upset.”

“Upset!” I screamed.   “She’s blind you asshole,” I shouted again as I grabbed his shoulders and shoved him hard up against the wall before I took off in mad dash to find Sophia.

I ran as fast as I could.  I could hear others running behind me, I wasn’t sure who followed, I’m sure that it was most of my friends.    Sophia was my priority now, I had to find her.

When I did find her, she was sitting on the curb, on the side of the road.   She was hunched over, her face in her knees, she was almost hysterical, I could hear her gasping for breath.   I fell down beside and pulled her into my arms.   She was shaking violently, gasping trying to get some air into her lungs.

“Breathe....baby breathe,” I told her, cradling her head against my chest.   I had my arms wrapped around her, I wasn’t sure if she was in shock, or cold or what, I was trying to warm her up with my body heat.   I sat there rocking her in my arms, I knew that I was crying now as well, I didn’t care who saw.

“I got you now,” I whispered into her hair.    “Breathe Sophia....take a deep breath.    You’re safe now, I got you,” I kept on repeating to her, rocking her back and forth in a comforting motion.  I was so scared, I was shaking as well.   I felt her shudder a bit and finally she took a few deep breaths, she started not to shake as much.