19

The tingling sensation persisted. His eyes wandered, and he could see four other duplications of himself. He could catch the look in Plasmius's eyes. It was the look of dread. Phantom smirked. 

Perfect, he thought.

While taking advantage of Vlad's surprise, Danny shot the clones with his ecto-blasts. This sent them all plummeting to the ground. Phantom then switched methods and plunged his burning, cold ice ray around and in the body of one of the duplicates.

One down, Danny thought, four more insane, middle-aged, cat-owning, crazed halfas to go.

"I bet the whole world that you think you've gotten this whole sticky situation figured out, Daniel!" Danny turned toward the voice and was met with a sneer snarl. He had pulled himself off of the ground. Plasmius was enraged. 

"But I'm here to enlighten you with the information that you've fooled yourself. Nothing can stop your inventible destruction," Plasmius spat.

Danny's fists curled into tight balls. "I could say the same for yourself. Don't get too high on your pedestal."

This earned a low growl from his evil enemy. Danny could sense that something was coming straight for him from behind. He took a gust of wind with him as he flew straight up into the sky.

As he looked down, he saw that one of the clones had been coming after him. The Ghost Boy smirked and prepared himself for a hard landing if things did not go as planned.

As his hands started to blaze a vibrant green, he started to zoom straight down towards the clone. He stretched his arms out in front of him as they grew brighter and more powerful within each second. His snow-white hair flew back in the quick breeze.

Once he was within close enough range, all hell broke loose. Blasts after blast, he demolished anything that was left of the Plasmius clone.

He couldn't believe that he was doing this. He couldn't swallow the fact that he could actually win and beat all of the odds that were stacked substantially high against him. He had a feeling in his veins that he could maybe conquer the halfa that was ten times stronger than he was. He could do it. He could persevere.

Well, maybe. It's only a slight maybe, Danny thought.

Danny had to judge distance very quickly, for he was about to have a very hard and painful landing if he failed. He grimaced and used all of his body and core strength to pull himself horizontal to the ground at last second. He then slowed his speed to land.

His breath had quickened. Using that much ectoplasm within that little time had always taken a toll on him.

But it wasn't over yet. He still had three more to go.

As Danny stood there, in front of what some would say his other known species, he could see the anger that fumed off of Plasmius-

Multiple shots rang out from behind him. He could barely make out the green glow that they gave off. They zoomed through the air and hit the clones. Shrieks and cries rang out from the decaying and evaporating duplicates. They whirled around the air, looking as if they were being burned alive. They were melting.

Shocked and confused, Danny turned around. He was met with the sight of his friends holding two ginormous inventions that had obviously been made by his parents. The guns had smoke elevating from the barrels. Sam and Tucker had smiles plastered on their faces.

Danny grinned. He was about to say something to his best friends when Sam shrieked. "Danny! Behind you! Now!"

The grin immediately faded away into a scowl. He quickly turned around and instinctively made a shield appear. His body rocked from the vibration that was caused by a powerful blow. Vlad screamed.

"You know what, Phantom? I was going to let you live. But now, I will gladly see the light go out of your eyes as you completely die. And my hands will be the ones to do it."

His eyes were a flaming red. They were completely filled with a murderous rage.

"I can bet on that," Danny muttered to himself. He lowered his shield and took a fighting stance.

He knew what he had to do. This was the only way he could have even a slight chance of succeeding. As Vlad began to throw blast after blast, Danny had to play the defensive side. He needed to save as much of his own power as possible.

As he jumped and flew out of the way of the ecto-ray's furry, he was summoning all of his strength into his core. It was now beginning to fume with energy.

But as Danny began to feel like something was going right, he had miscalculated the distance between him and a shot of ectoplasm, he was fully hit straight on.

He grunted and his back flew onto the ground. There was an aching feeling on the skin of his stomach. It burned like nothing else.

"Take this, Vlad!" Sam shouted. Before she could pull the trigger, Plasmius shot the gun out of her hands, destroying it and never to be used again.

Tucker decided to get one shot in. It missed their enemy barely and was too taken down.

Plasmius cackled. "Oh, my boy. How it's come to this. This moment is what I've been waiting for for so long."

The footsteps of Plasmius edged closer with each word. Danny slowly got himself off of the ground. He had put his hand over his stomach as he did, and once he took it off, he could see the green ectoplasm that covered his hand.

He looked up from his hand to Plasmius. His dear enemy could only chuckle in delight. "What a mess you are. Looks like you'll go out like a wounded hero," he said as he raised his glowing hand up to Danny's head.

Behind Unknown Eyesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें