03

Danny flew back to Fenton Works as fast as he could. He only had a small amount of time to put Vlad back into the ghost zone, patch himself up, then head to school. He turned invisible and flew through the house and then down to the lab. The house seemed empty and Danny was thankful for that. His mom or dad hadn't come back yet.

He opened up the portal and the ghost zone was presented to him. With his hand on the lid, he began to twist it open.

 "Now go and be annoying somewhere far away from me," Danny said as Vlad was ejected from the thermos. The ghost portal quickly shut and allowed Danny to actually take a breath of relief.

He flew through the ceiling to his room and sighed. He was tired. Extremely tired. The exhaustion was overbearing. He would be surprised if he didn't fall asleep within the first five minutes of Mr. Lancer's class.

Danny had woken up around three in the morning when his ghost sense went off. He was used to getting up in the middle of the night and so it wasn't that much trouble. He went out into the darkness and found the Box Ghost. That confrontation lasted only about thirty minutes, maybe not even that long.

Danny had been happy that it had only been the Box Ghost and not one of his other enemies, such as Skulker. He really didn't want to hear, 'I will have your pellet on my wall,' for the thousandth time that month. Not to mention that he would have to deal with his new weapons on that metal suit.

Danny walked over to his full-length mirror that laid beside the desk. He sucked in a sharp breath when he saw the injuries in full light. No wonder the crowd was concerned. Danny changed back to his human form and took off his shirt so no blood would get onto the white fabric. He really didn't want to spend another twenty minutes washing it.

That's when he opened up a stash of medical supplies that he and his friends put together. It was located in a container in his desk. He took out some ointment, but then checked the time. Crap. Danny only had five minutes until the bell rang. He put the ointment back, even though he knew that it would've helped the pain, and just began to wrap up his chest, and then his side. 

After putting his shirt back on, he grabbed his book bag, stuffing some unfinished homework in it in the process, then slung it over his shoulder. Danny ran down the stairs and to the front door, despite the stabbing feeling in his side and the burning sensation in his chest.

With his hand on the doorknob, he heard her voice.

"Danny?" He sighed. He didn't have time for one of Jazz's lectures. 

"I have to go, Jazz. I'm-" He felt a hand on his shoulder. Danny looked behind him and was met with blue, sympathetic eyes. "I'll drive you. Come on."

The car ride was silent, but only for a second. Jazz couldn't help herself. She had watched the news. She had watched the fight and what Vlad had said. Jazz had also seen how Danny reacted. She needed answers. 

"So, uh, Danny?" 

He lifted his head up from the window. "Yes?"

 She glanced over at him. "I saw the news. What Vlad said seemed to be pretty personal to you. Is what he said what I think it is-" Danny cut her off, already knowing her question. 

"Yes, it is. Vlad is trying to dig under my skin, and he did it in front of all those people, in front of a camera. He's desperate for something, I know it." 

Jazz nodded. She knew that Vlad had always been a freak. And after learning about Danny and Vlad's powers way back when, she considered him dangerous, especially towards Danny. It didn't help much now that Vlad was mayor of the city. They hit a bump, which caused Danny to suck in a sharp breath. His older sister gave him a worried look.