14

Sam looked Danny in the eye. 

"It's go-time." She said.

 With a small smirk exchanged between the trio, Danny began to transform. 

"Going ghost." He said underneath his breath. The ghost boy felt his body tingle and his body began to lose heat. Once he saw the ray pass his face, he knew what he had to do.

With one last look at his mother and father, he flew out of the house, going intangible in the process. The ghost child flew around town, looking for the ghost. 

"Come on. Where are you?" Danny said to himself. He felt the wind on his face. It ruffled his white hair and tingled his skin.

As he flew above the town, people stopped and pointed up at him. "Hey! It's the Halfa! It's Danny Phantom!" He couldn't help but give them a small glance. The screaming of excitement about Danny Phantom wasn't new, but being called a Halfa by citizens certainly was.

Dash and Paulina had been walking along the sidewalk when the people of Amity started to yell in excitement. 

"It's Danny Fenton!" Someone screamed. They both looked at him as he stopped in the air. His green eyes searched the area. 

"It would be so nice for you to show up so we could get this over with," Danny said aloud. Dash still couldn't believe that it was the geek who he had bullied for so long up there. Paulina also was dumbfounded. She had liked the ghost boy and had ignored Danny all along.

Suddenly, Plasimus blew up a building, signaling his arrival. Everyone on the streets began to scream. 

As if on cue, a News Crew showed up and began to tape the encounter. They were always in the right place at the right time, much like the ghost boy. The teens both watched as Danny fired blasts at the scary ghost. 

Paulina looked at Dash. "What do we do?" She said in fear. "I don't want to die." She added with shock in her tone. Dash was just about to reply, with no plan at all, when a pink ghost ray was coming straight for them. They screamed like they had never screamed before.

Danny swooped in right in front of his teenaged, high school life enemies and put up a ghost shield. They looked at Danny as he held off the attacks. They looked at his white hair and his green, determined eyes.

 They saw how strong he really was. Fenton always wore baggy clothes, so they had never seen how muscular he really was. They saw how will-minded he was, how smart. This was their hero that they had put pictures of in their lockers. This was the ghost boy. This was Danny Fenton.

When the attack stopped for a mere minute, Danny quickly took down his shield and gave Plasimus a blast or two of his ice powers. The boy didn't want to leave the teens just yet. He looked over his shoulder at them both. "No one was ever supposed to find out." He said seriously.

Plasimus got back up and began to deliver more attacks. Danny put up his ghost shield once again, getting his thermos ready behind his back.

"Wait, we're sorry. I'm sorry-" Dash tried to say over all of the noise. The attacks became more brutal. "Get out of here Dash and Paulina. I can hold him off."

Before Phantom put the shield down to fly up to the sky, Dash spoke something that was foreign to the boy's ears. 

"I know you can, Fenton."

Danny smiled to himself. He knitted his eyebrows. He was waiting for the right time to signal them to run or hide, or whatever. Plasimus had taken one more shot at him when he started to talk. 

"Come on, Daniel. Can't you say hello to your dearest friend?" Danny rolled his eyes as he kept on talking.

The halfa decided that it was now or never. 

"Go!" He yelled. 

Danny flew up into the air quick. He heard the pounding of their sneakers on the sidewalk and soon enough he couldn't hear them at all. This gave him relief.

"Plasimus. Enough is enough." The evil ghost gave a sarcastic frown. "Oh come on boy, you are being dramatic."

A few houses down, the two teens had hidden behind a small house. They peaked their heads out to see Danny's fists clench. 

"Dramatic? I'm being dramatic?  You ruined my life!" His eyes were glowing green by this point. "ruined your life?" He chuckled. 

"You were the one to turn into a ghost, Daniel. You were the one to have part of yourself die. That wasn't my fault."

Danny wanted to scream. He gave the evil ghost a ghost ray to the stomach. The ghost boy's hand was smoking. 

"You ruined my life by telling everyone who I was! My alter ego! My other side! I didn't tell everyone because it would've messed everything up. And you knew that!" After he shot Plasimus again and again, he stopped. His eyes squinted at Vlad.

He had an idea. But would it be worth it? Was this terrible idea really coming from him? He looked down at the halfa who had brought Dan back to kill him. Would this be worth it? Could this be worth it? Danny didn't know if he wanted to stoop down to Vlad's level. With one last look at Vlad, who was stunned on the street from the attack, he took out his thermos and aimed it at him.

"You out of all people should know that, Vlad."