(23) Rediscover Me

((Author's Note: Hello everybody! I apologize for the wait, but I have news for you. The next chapter will be the last. Thank you all for reading this and I hope it wasn't the biggest waste of your time. Your support, votes, and comments meant so much to me. Once again, thank you guys so much. Okay now happy reading!))

Elvis sat in front of Ace with a glass of Pinot Noir in one hand and Ace’s own gun in his other hand. His dead grey eyes darted from Ace to Skye as if he was deciding which secret to spill first.

For the fifth time in the last ten minutes Skye tried to break free of Donovan’s titanium grip only to be pushed down by his rough, calloused hands and held down even harder.

Skye cried out in frustration, but Ace didn’t even hear her. It was a small brick room shut off by a large impenetrable metal door but he was lost in a world of forgotten memories and realizations.

Elvis was a sick, manipulative man. He must be lying, Ace thought to himself. He would go at any lengths to mess with peoples’ minds, and Ace should know this by now. But something inside of him was ready to accept the fact that Elvis was his father. Something about it made sense and that was perhaps what scared Ace the most.

He struggled not to think of it but he could not stop himself. Ace figured he had always known Nikolas wasn’t his dad. It was obvious for anyone to see. He shared no traits or characteristics with him at all.

Nikolas was a man with only one priority, to make money. And while he was a practical man that did not tolerate emotion, Ace had to struggle to keep himself sane. In all honesty, this was the reason Ace began self-medicating. He did not want to feel anymore because every emotion he felt seemed to be amplified and it was only him that seemed to get hurt by this. He wanted to be numb.

But never in Ace’s wildest dreams did he think that this man sitting before him would be his father. But how could he not? The way Elvis looked at him the first day they met, the way his nose was contoured. His almond shaped eyes; his long, thick eyelashes. And especially that darkness that surrounded Elvis. It was there as soon as he walked into a room, as soon as he opened his mouth to talk. That darkness was Elvis and Ace felt that same thing inside of him. It was obvious. He was biologically his son. There was no denying it anymore.

“Where is my mother?” Ace said slowly. It had been the first thing he had said since Elvis had practically unraveled his whole life by one sentence.

“Donovan, would you go fetch Melody for me?” Elvis drawled before sipping his wine.

There was nothing especially malicious in the way he said it but still, his voice sent ripples of uneasiness throughout his body.

Elvis smiled when Ace’s eyes met his, causing Ace to look away in disgust. The way his face shifted, the way his eyes lit up. It was too similar to Ace’s.

“Achilles, is that you?” said a soft, too familiar voice.

Ace looked up and he almost wished he hadn’t. 

It was his mother, standing there like nothing at all had changed. She looked the exact same. In her favorite white Chanel dress and black ballet flats. Even the tears in her water colored eyes were the same. She was unchanged while everything else was.

“Mom, what are you doing here?” Ace choked, struggling against the will to cry.

Ace heard his mother’s shoes scuffle against the wood floor. She ran to him and wrapped her warm, familiar arms around him.