Prologue

“This place is wow,” Ace finally managed to say.

Justin chuckled and took a swig of his cold beer.

“Wait till you see the dancers.”

 As if on cue, a loud voice boomed over the sultry music, “And now gentlemen, please put your hands together for Skye Blue.”

The man raised his arm, lifting his silver Armani suit slightly. It clashed with his dark hair that was neatly slicked back which revealed a beaming smile, but Ace could tell something looked off.

The heavy curtains drew back and the music changed into something a little more light and airy, Ace guessed it was because of the name of the dancer. The lights dimmed and the spotlight was switched onto a slender, model looking girl left standing alone. She walked silently to the center of the stage, and Ace could see a hint of sadness in her movements, almost like she was forced to do it.

The woman stretched her slender legs and lifted her arms as if she was commanding the music to take her away. She was dressed in a sexy throw-off flight attendant’s uniform. Her warm, tanned skin seemed to literally light up the whole club. Her hat fell off her head as she did a Grand jeté, which looked surprisingly graceful, it contrasted with the provocatively themed club. Her legs extended into the air and for a brief moment Ace’s breath got caught in his throat. He couldn’t breathe. She was so unbelievably beautiful. Like a fairy, a siren, too beautiful to be true.

What he wouldn’t do just to stroke those long, never-ending legs.

What he wouldn’t give to feel the warmth of her bare skin against his.

The crowd seemed to share his enthusiasm, they cheered like madmen, which they probably were for going to a place like this. Yet, this didn't seem to faze her. She reached down to the tips of her aristocratically pointed toes. Her long dark hair cascaded from her back to the left side of her concentrated face. The coy white streak was as visible as ever. She flipped on her heal and stood straight, her spine perfectly aligned. For a few moments, the crowd was silent, unsure of what to do or what to say, finally Ace couldn’t take it anymore. He clapped, slowly at first but then louder, harder. His calloused hands collided with one another with increasing intensity. The crowd followed suit, adding whistles and howls of pleasure. Yet Skye either didn’t notice the applause or simply didn’t care. Her eyes openned, but there was no emotion in them. She took a bow as the cheering men throw dollar bills at her. Then, she hurriedly collected them and rushed off stage before any emotions clouded her face.