Chapter 12

Sylvia's Pov

The days continued and it only got worse. Sometimes, I would hear things breaking at night when I am near asleep or maybe when I am watching the Tv. The new guards seem to have hard time but they wouldn't tell

Me what is happening. I think everyone is keeping something away from me. Sometimes, the house would be so stinky like garbage can.

As usual Marian is the one keeping me company. Devon was on the front door standing like a robot and the other guys were at the backyard drinking beer so early in the morning until noon. Sometimes I worry about the guys. I know something is happening but I don't know what.

"A quick question" I said as Marian looked away from the fashion magazine she is reading to glance at me. "Who's that?" I pointed on a blonde woman on the cover smiling and showing her perfect white teeth.

She looked at it and her eyes widen. I saw her on the laptop back then and I am sure she is the same one on the cover.

"OMG! The both of you look likes twins! The hair, the face and the figure!" she exclaimed looking back in forth to me and the magazine.

"This is Marisa Annabel Cortez" she said sounding like admiration. "she started as insignificant and somehow made it to the top when it comes to fashion. Her styles just hints wildness under innocence and she got a hunky husband too!"

So she is the same girl. Marisa Annabel Cortez. I just know she is related to me.

Then out of the sudden, something crashed and I ran towards the backyard. Marian yelled for me to stop and remain inside the house but I can't remain ignorant of the things that is happening right beside me.

I pushed myself to go faster and I was surprised I am fast as a runner. I think I reached a 200 meter distance for a few seconds. I shrugged it off and blamed adrenaline for it. There is no way a human can be that fast naturally.

When I opened the door leading to our vast backyard, I saw something really out of the world. Jake was covered in blood but I think it is not his as he ran across the field towards a heard of huge dogs.. Or maybe wolves by the vicious appearance. What the hell is this?

Then the other guys were also there, shooting and slashing the wild beasts that seem to be as huge as them even though they were on fours. Then suddenly a single beast locked it's eyes on me. He waves through the chaos and weaved its way towards me. I can see its fangs were on display and it was growling viciously at me.

The it happened, it lunged for me and I closed my eyes afraid. The beast was really huge and was towering over me. I waited for the pain or the sudden death but nothing came. I opened my eyes and saw Marian intercept the beast and plunged a dagger on its neck.

"I told you you to..." she didn't finish what she was going to say as another beast pounced on her. She was pinned at the ground while the beast was opening its mouth wide and deadly.

My heart beat skipped as I felt my body moved on their own. I felt a sudden surge inside me and before I know it, an ice like blade formed in my hands and it went straight to the beast's heart.

I blinked twice, thrice and more as I felt a cool liquid bathe my hand. My gaze lowered and I saw my hands were dripping with blood. I let go of the thing I was holding in horror and took a step back. I looked into my hands and they were red, bloody red.. My mind goes overload and I can feel my brain shutting down. The sudden calmness, the sudden burst in power and the sudden power taking its form.

A black, midnight black wings spread on my back gloriously and seem to be very alive. I felt my chest constrict and everything went black.

I have wings.. No freaking way.

Rico's Pov

"So you're saying that a billionaire is taking care of Sylvia and hired a few nasty mercenaries?" I asked Nathan and he nodded.

The problem is, those people would do anything for money. Even if you hire them, if someone else would pay them for a higher price, they would stab you behind your back without hesitation.

I growled out of frustration and looked outside the windows. It was already dark and I don't know what is happening to Sylvia as we speak. The rouges which tracked Sylvia all the way to Paris, Andrey Cañete, Yvy, every problem is there!

I sighed and sat back down on my seat. I followed Ms. Hudson's tip that Sylvia was on Paris but I still don't have an address. All I know is that she is here.. Standing on the same ground as I am.

Nathan walked towards me and patted my shoulder. "We'll find her. That guy is famous and we can start from there."

I nodded weakly. He is famous, compared to me, he's way beyond my reach. Do I really need to make Sylvia's life complicated again? She was happy, safe and having all the material things she can ask for. Why am I trying to ruin her peace again?

Then out of the sudden, the door opened and Alex came in breathing hard. "What's wrong?"

"Rouges" he breathe out. Even as far as here? What the hell are they doing here?

"What the hell are they here for?"

"It's the alpha Liansa (A character from NDTBW), he is once again set his eyes on Sylvia."

My growls were not held back this time as I cursed a thousand times. That lying bastard! How dare he!

"Get you're gears ready!" I yelled. "We will finish whatever we failed last time"

The guys left he room leaving me alone and my temper. Now I know why the wind here is not good. Savages were here.

AN: before you leave please read this note.

So I noticed this book is failing. I can't find my motivation anymore since I don't see any improvement on this one...

So here is what I think..

New story or NDTBW rewritten? With a clearer plots of course. And a bit longer chapters. I will say it in advance that the there would be a lot of changes on the story but the main characters would be the same.

For the new story I'm thinking of making something more supernatural based. No more of those human dominate the world. I'm thinking something about a world where supernatural and humans exist together and they were both aware of it. Here is a little taste of it.

"Why do always act like that?" I asked frustrated on how easily he can give his life up.

"It's because I am like this that I can." he said and looked away. Ever since I laid my eyes on him, all I saw were the sadness and loneliness in his eyes.

"Stop speaking in riddles!"

"It's because you will never understand" he said and turned his back on me.

"Then make me!" I challenged and he looked into my direction once again.

"Careful what you wish for" his tone was deadly and I can feel myself shrinking with fear. I know everybody is afraid of him but I never got the chance to know why. Maybe I do now. "You wouldn't want to live once you see how things were perceived on this eyes of mine. "

I was left speechless as he walked away from me.

"If only were on the same reality" I heard his thoughts and it became blank once again.

I am Jasmine, born from the union of a witch and a human. I was gifted with powers of that of a grand witch which enables me to hear thoughts and the command over the elements.

I was confident I am gonna be the top student of this magic academy until I heard this one disturbing thought from a loner in my class.

"Maybe she can end this life of mine"

A suicidal thought of a guy which seat is farthest from everyone. Which always have a distant look in his eyes. Someone so deep that a mere though of him is not enough for me to figure him out.

Someone that turns my world upside down every time he asks me to end his life.

That's it and just drop ur comments of pm me.

Have a gold day everyone.

StressCompany