Chapter 7

Andrey's Pov

"Sir you have a meeting an hour from now. You can't leave just yet" Alex, my PA said sounding worried and a bit panicked.

I looked back at her and glared. "I made money so my life can be easier.. Not to be a slave for work." She flinched and looked down. I always dislike when everyone thought I would prefer money than time. "I own this company and I decide when I leave. Cancel all matters for today."

"Including Ms. Gomez?" she asked and I glared harder at her.

"I mean everything" I don't yell to anyone but my cold and sharp tone was enough to scare everyone.

She left after a series of apologies and I sat back on my seat. It's been more than two years since that night that I met Sylvia. She was awfully reserved and I took a hard time gaining her trust. She really don't remember anything from her past and I refuse to tell her until this day.

It was not easy brushing off the curious eyes whenever we were together. Somehow I landed a wise investment and from there, I accumulated funds to start another business. I don't regret in any day that I spent my money on Sylvia. She just have the aura that would make someone want to protect her unconditionally. Even the security around her were fond of her and were very loyal to me.

My phone rang as I was riding on the elevator down. I invited Sylvia for dinner so she could breathe some fresh air. She has been hiding in our mansion and likes to hide in the gardens.

"Andrey?" A soft voice from the other line said. "Are we really going out tonight?"

"Yes we are." I said smiling. Even my employees with me in the elevator looked at me and smiled. They just know who is calling if I am smiling. "I'm already heading home."

"But.. You still have work.." she paused "Right?"

"Cancelled them all so get ready. I promise you will enjoy the night"

"Okay..." she said sounding excited. "I have to go now. I'll see you soon"

Before I can reply, she already ended the call an I laughed lightly causing every pair of eyes to zoom at me.

"She hung up before I can reply" I laughed and they all laughed with me. I am not that grumpy to everyone. Just when they want me to do something I don't like. It's a good thing I am the boss.

I got out of the elevator as they cheered me on. I walked towards the parking lot and got on my car. I drove smiling as the thought of our dinner. I hope she would like the place.

When I was stuck on a red light, my phone rang and I automatically answered without looking who. Only family and Sylvia knows my number.

"Hello?" I said but the other line seem not speaking. I pulled the phone away from my ear and looked into the caller's Id but it was unregistered. Who's this?

"Who is this?"

Still no answer so I ended the call. Maybe some random caller. When the lights turned green, I sped off not liking the idea of being late.

When I arrived home, Sylvia was already waiting on the living room dressed already. I looked her up and down and nodded appreciatively. She grew more beautiful than the first time I ever met her. If she look like an angel back then, she look like a goddess as of today. I don't know anyone more beautiful than her.

"You're late" she said sounding stern but she had a playful smile. "By five minutes."

"Sorry.." I said as she walked towards me. I kissed her cheek and she smiled at me. "Now give me another five minutes to prepare. I wouldn't like to be mistaken as your servant on our dinner."