Chapter 8

Andrey's Pov

"You know that I wouldn't settle if not the best right?" Jessie said in a business tone.

We were having a meeting and being the successor of their multi-Million company, she had been acting all high and mighty. She has been pushing her price really way overboard. She knows I need their services and she is clearly taking advantage of that fact.

"I don't know.." I said sounding cool and innocent. "Do you?"

Her face morphed into a scowl and she glared at me. "Do not pretend you don't know me Mr. Cañete"

"Excuse me Ms. Gomez but this is business. Please don't include our personal lives." I said and closed the folder I am holding. "Let's end for today.. I got matters on hand."

I stood up and gathered my things. When I was about to get out of the door, she held me up.

"Wait"

I turned back to her and she had a playful smile on her lips. I just know she is up to no good when she does that one. I groaned mentally not wanting to be rude.

"Let's have lunch together, I got things I wanted to discuss." She said and I frowned at her. What is she really up to? "or it could be dinner. It's up to you"

I weighed my options if I would agree to any of her proposal. Being alone with her.. I don't know how things would work out. There's just one thing I am sure of, I wouldn't want to be too close to her aside from business matters.

"I'll take that lunch" I said and smiling a little. "I have matters for the evening"

"About Ms. Sylvia?" she asked warily. I think a nerve popped in my neck as I slowly turn to her. My cool and composed facade gone.

"Good day Ms. Gomez.. I hope you don't go spouting my personal life in front of our business partners."

I left quickly closing the door not too gently. I was fuming and pissed. She even dug up information about Sylvia. What else did she discover? If someone was to discover the truth about Sylvia, then there would be chaos. Nobody shall disturb our peace.

The day went on and I continued to work with a foul mood. My PA and other staffs were avoiding my foul mood. Everybody would steer away from me and would give way to me automatically like they could sense that their boss in not in the mood for being friendly.

The dreaded lunch came and I purposely made myself late for about 20 minutes. When I arrived into the meeting place, Jessie was seated with her back facing me. She was still on her business attire but she let her hair down. Her hair was longer than I can remember and I think she took great care of.. What the... Why am I reminiscing those things?

I shook my head and made my way towards the table on a more private area.

"Forgive me if I am late." I said and she looked up to me looking pained. I held myself not to ask what is wrong. "I got held up in a meeting" I lied and sat in front of her.

"It's fine" she said and she raised her hand signaling the waiter she is ready to order.

As we waited for our order, she remained silent and just looking straight to me. I feel uncomfortable under her analyzing gaze. She really changed. Back then she would never let her gaze linger for more than 5 seconds to anyone, excluding condom prince of course.

"Is there something on my face?" I asked breaking the awkward silence.

"Nothing really.." she said still looking at me. I looked away and pretended to look into my phone. "I am just trying to remember what you look like before you disappear right after your speech on our graduation."