Toronto➡️LA

M A C K E N Z I E

2 months later

It's my last day at school. So naturally, I give it a big stare before walking in.

I gotten used to many things in the past two months. For example, the bumping shoulders in the halls, or the crowded hallways.

I've grieved less, due to the fact that I have to spend as much time with my friends as possible. I didn't have time to be sad or moping around them. Every second counts.

I'm mostly out of the house, hanging with my friends. But when I come home, the pain doesn't hesitate to show itself. It definitely still hurts, but I can't do anything to change the past. I'll have to deal with it.

I gotten used to be disappointed. I'm used to Maddie ditching me for her friends. I mean, we'll have a long time to bond in LA. I'm used to thinking Johnny feels something for me and get crushed when find I out over and over again he doesn't.

And lastly, I've gotten used to the new me. It's amazing to see the new changes and things I can now do. Guess that means I'll have to change my bio.

Mackenzie Ziegler. She's the used to be golden girl. The everything you probably ever wanted, cocky but most likely true. The death of her mother killed her and a new Mackenzie Ziegler was born.

Now some things didn't change. She's still not good at sports, loves her body, completely fallen for Jonny Orlando, and is still rich, popular, and nice.

But other things have changed. Obviously, her mom is dead. She'd probably squash a bug if she saw one and is not afraid to give specific people a piece of her mind.

Oh, and she'll be gone tomorrow. So, bye!

Yep, that's the new me.

I make my way over to our groups stop. I barley made a stop before all my girlfriends pulled me into the biggest group hug ever.

"Oh, I'm going to miss you Mack!"

"Don't leave me Kenzieboo! Dance won't be the same without you! Abby is so mean!"

"You're leaving me here all single and alone?! No! Stay with wittle me!"

"John's going to be so lonely! Don't go! JENZIE AND LENZIE FOR LIFE!"

"What happened to staying with me forever Kenzie! Hashtag Jayden remember?"

You can probably guess which girl is who.

All the boys awkwardly look at mean. I smile and hug them separately.

"I'm really going to miss you guys!" My eyes start to tear up.

It really is my last day of school here. I'm going to miss it. All of it.

The warning bell rang and I curse mentally. I guess I'll still have lunch to socialize.

I wave and drag my feet away from my friends. Of course, Lauren follows. I'm sad we only have 3 periods together, counting lunch.

She was the first friend I ever made. It might not have been by choice but I'm darn happy about it. My mother, Meredith, and Dale used to go to college together.

They had a bunch of history. Meredith and Dale eventually married and encouraged my mom to find a man. She did, she found my biological father. It might not have been true love but from what I heard, it seems there were deep feelings there.

I was introduced to Lauren the same day she was born. I was only a few months old but I can feel the connection. It's there somewhere.

From that day on, we were inseparable. Our fights never last longer than 2 hours. She has been supportive of every decision I've ever made and I hope she feels the same way about me.