2 months

M A C K E N Z I E

I blink.

I must have heard him wrong. I was starting to piece my life back together. How could the world be so cruel?

"W-what?" I manage to spit out the one word.

"I'm sorry Mackenzie, but I can't take care of you by myself. My sister, your aunt, lives in LA, where we will be staying. I'm already arranging our new house and all that."

"I truly am sorry Mackenzie. I know how your mother's affected you deeply, but I can not take this task on alone. I'm afraid it's not what your mother wanted to happen, but I need this." He gives me the famous pity look.

I blink again.

"I understand." I simply say.

I do understand. Greg rarely stay home with just Maddie and I. He only takes work off when my mother does. I've noticed, obviously and so has Maddie. We didn't take it to heart though, we knew that he was just scared that he wouldn't know how to take care of us.

But now my mother is gone. We can't expect him to change his ways because she's gone. He doesn't know the slightest thing about how to take care of us. He needs to work obviously, so that's an excuse to leave us but he knows he can't just leave us to fend for ourselves.

"W-where is M-mad-die?" I stutter, holding the urge to cry in front if him.

"Upstairs." I nod and start moving my legs slowly.

"Oh, and Mackenzie!" I turn back to my step father. "You have two months to get ready. I hope that is enough time." I force and smile and continue to walk away.

I know Greg is doing everything to try and make me happy.

But he can't do it like my mom did.
-

J O H N N Y

(for the first im forever, a different pov lol. there might be more but no promises.)

I stare at my phone. My fingers hovers over Mackenzie's contact name. I did the worst thing I could do to her right now.

I caught feeling for her.

It was wrong and I could feel it. We're childhood friends. I've been through most things with her. Though she probably prefers Lauren, I always liked her company better than the other members or the 'Bad Boys'.

The truth was, she came up with the name. More like came up with the idea of the name. The name had a backstory none of the members knew about.

FLASHBACK-----

Johnny- 7

Kenzie- 6

"Hi Johnny!" Kenz's voice rang throughout my bedroom.

"Hi Kenz." I reply.

She smilerd at the nickname I made up for her.

"Do you know where Lauren is?" I pout, sticking my lower lip at her.

"You only came for her?" I said, in a teasing tone.

"She's the only reason I ever come over." She grins mischievously.

I pout even more this time. She giggles and I laugh along, patting a seat on my bed next to me. She runs over and jumps onto my bed.

"Why are you wearing all black?" She asked, poking at my t-shirt.

"Because it look cool." I said, slapping her hand out of the way.

She sticks her tongue out at me and I mimic her.

"It does not look cool. You look like those weird people on tv!" She exclaims, continues to poke at me.

"You just don't know style. It's the trend!" I poke her side and tickle her.

She burst out laughing and tries to move my hands away. I stop, letting her take a breath.

"What's a trend?" I slap my forehand, jokingly.

"It's the new cool thing. That's what Darian and Maddie said." I told her.

"But you look like a bad boy!" She flails her arms up in the air, exaggerating.

"Well, all my friends are wearing black." I counter.

"You're all bad boys. I don't hang out with bas boys." She scoots away from me, playfully.

I roll my eyes. Just on time Lauren calls Mackenzie from downstairs. She waves at me and runs off. I made a mental note to tell the boys about our new group name.

END FLASHBACK-----

"Johnny! Answer the darn phone! It's been ringing for a million hours!" Lauren's feminine voice calls out.

I snap out of my daze and look down at my phone.

It was Mackenzie.

I immediately swipe right and place the phone by me ear.

"J-john?" Something's wrong.

Her voice sounded wore out. Sniffles were heard. She's crying.

"Kenz, what's wrong?" I immediately ask after working my mind through the fact that she only cries and call when something bad happened.

"I'm mov-ving..." We both go silent.

Her sniffles weren't muted. I'm gaping in shock.

"I'm coming over right now." I grabs my jacket off the floor, sniffing to see if it smells okay.

"No, John. Stay over there." I furrow my eyebrows.

"Why?"

"B-because I'm not at my h-ouse." She hiccups.

"Then where are you?" I drop the jacket.

"Um...heading to Brandon's. Just to spread the n-news. I'm goin-g to Rub-y's next. I wanted to c-come to yours last." I tense less at the fact she was only at Brandon's for a short amount of time.

"Okay. I'll be waiting."

"Kay, bye Johnny." I heard Brandon's voice muttering in the background.

She must have just arrived.

"Bye Kenz."

I could almost see her smile through the phone.

"Bad boy." She muttered before ending the call.
----------
😀😀😀😀😀i posted! and I literally posted yesterday!! yas. killing the game. lol

also NO MORE CHRISTMAS 😭😭

k bye! and enjoy

-celine💛💛💛💘💘💘